We’re seeking a Data Engineer to play an integral role in supporting ASCD’s mission to continue to leverage data integrations, data science, and business intelligence to inform our decisions and strategies. This role will be a key partner in driving the development of data integrations and solutions that collect, analyze, and visualize data across our systems. In this role, you will also be responsible for optimizing and monitoring data flow between databases, servers, and Cloud services to identify and implement the most suitable DI architecture for the organization’s needs.
You will work with cross-functional teams to evolve our end-to-end analytical solutions with quality, security, and scalability as top priorities.
As a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
Translate complex data engineering business requirements into bar-raising customer experiences.
Implement data ingestion routines in both real-time and batch using best practices in data modeling by leveraging AWS technologies and big data tools.
Drive data engineering best practices (e.g., data discovery, data security, code quality, data quality, logical and physical data modeling, operational excellence, data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation).
Analyze, develop, and implement data integrations using ETL frameworks and tools, and engineer data manipulation analysis, staging, etc., using best-practices solutions
Build required data pipelines for optimal extraction, transformation, and load data from various data sources using Cloud and SQL technologies and support them
Work with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve data-related technical issues
Identify and implement internal process improvements, including re-designing the platforms for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
Communicate effectively across multiple departments and with stakeholders to review business requirements and propose solutions
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in a data-integration role required
- Proven experience with dimensional modeling, database structures, and query optimization
- Expertise with data pipelines and data wrangling procedures using SQL
- Experience with AWS data integration, including familiarity with integration tools and services
- Experience in programming languages such as Python or C++
- Knowledge of HubSpot, Personify, and/or Salesforce is ideal
- Experience building/managing a data lake is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are required
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position