At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986
To provide all Food and Beverage outlets with the necessary china, glass, linen and silverware inventories in order to meet service demands at all times. Assure that high levels of sanitation are maintained in all food and beverage areas. Train, guide and supervise all stewards in the proper cleaning procedures of all equipment. Maintain appropriate pars of all cleaning and paper supplies to assure smooth and productive working conditions. Adhere to resort specifications and standards in operating the dishwashing machine to wash designated restaurant, banquet, and kitchen wares. Clean and maintain equipment and dishwashing, kitchen, cafeteria, compactor, storage areas. Assist in washing pots pans and other kitchen utensils/equipment. Complete other special cleaning projects as assigned.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for anticipated volume of business, and proper cleaning of kitchen, stewarding, garage and back wait stations.
- Insure all hand washing stations are stocked and cleaned.
- Create, maintain, and ensure completion of daily cleaning checklists and overnight cleaning procedures.
- Maintain and requisition all cleaning and chemical supplies. Insure proper storage.
- Control working inventories of china, glass, silver and linen. Provide Executive Chef with accurate quarterly inventories of china, glass, silver and linen.
- Notify Executive Chef of any shortages of pars or equipment.
- Maintain par stock inventory of all china, glass, silver, and linen inventories. Ensure requisition system is in place and procedures followed.
- Follow proper purchase order procedures.
- Coordinating daily needs for equipment to be used for all catering functions in cooperation with chefs and banquet Manager.
- Assist at required times in plate up, and efficient breakdown of catered events
- Assure that all china, glass and silver, pots and pans are being properly cleaned, sanitized and stored.
- Establish and maintain deep cleaning schedules in kitchen and stewarding to assure that all areas and equipment are safe and clean and handled properly so as to increase their usefulness and longevity.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in The Hotel Jerome Handbook.
- Monitor the Team Member cafeteria throughout the day, for cleanliness and maintain proper pars of eating utensils and paper goods.
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and discipline of stewarding staff, in a timely and efficient manner. Also to include the assigning of stations and break times to stewarding staff.
- Review your daily payroll recap provided by accounting and make appropriate corrections on time clock system. Ensure time edits are done daily and corrected for payroll transmission.
- Monitor and work to achieve budgeted goals for the culinary and food and beverage department. Communicate concerns, adjust in areas as necessary.
- Elimination of Overtime unless approved by Executive Chef.
- Fill in at stewarding stations at required times.
- Provide your weekly stewarding schedule to the Executive Sous Chef by Sunday at 5:00 p.m
- Attend the weekly staff, banquet, and food and beverage meeting.
- Conduct monthly departmental training meetings.
- Clean refrigerators/freezers, service hallways, service elevators and other items as assigned.
- Work with chemical and machine repair personnel to repair machine, improve quality or standards, increase productivity or capacity of machine.
- Complete job functions of other departmental positions as assigned.
- Assist in plating up banquet meals.
- Assist with basic food prep functions as assigned.
- Assist in special events as assigned.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in job-related Spanish and English
- Previous experience as resort/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Inventory control experience in a hotel environment
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through.
- Ability to think clearly, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to promote positive work relationships with service personnel and all other departments
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines as they pertain to delivering quality food service to resort guests and owners.
- Ability to promote training needs and provide such training.
- Ability to resolve problems and exercise good judgment.
- Attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and remain calm.
- Ability to function well under pressure and meet production schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Ability to perform job functions without direct supervision.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs