At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Regional Vice President responsibilities
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is a 35-room luxury country retreat located in Washington, Connecticut, only a two-hour drive from New York City. Built as the Ridge School in 1894, the historic main house on 26 acres first welcomed guests as the Mayflower Inn in 1920. The inn was later extensively renovated and enhanced in the 1990s, when 30 acres of woodland and a 20,000-square-foot destination spa were added.
White Barn Inn, a beloved local landmark for over 150 years, is synonymous with warm New England hospitality, rustic charm, and uncompromising attention to detail. Constructed in the 1860s, White Barn Inn’s original farmhouse has offered superb hospitality since the days of the Civil War. It has operated as the White Barn Inn since 1973. Just a 90-minute drive north of Boston, the inviting property is a prime location near the sandy beaches and classic coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine.
The Vanderbilt Hotel, originally built in 1909 by Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, is a vintage Newport mansion just minutes from the charming waterfront. The property features elegant fireplaces and museum-quality artwork throughout this downtown mansion. Food and beverage offerings include The Gwynne restaurant, The Knot Bar, the Conservatory, the Garden at the Gwynne, on-site catering for banquets, and in the summer, evening drinks along our popular Roof Deck with sweeping views of Newport Harbour.
Our mission is to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are best loved because we create soulful journeys. We bring these to life by telling stories, sharing simple pleasures, and creating family.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as Regional Vice President and General Manager for the Hotel Jerome in Aspen, Colorado. This role has RVP responsibilities for our Northeast hotels: The Mayflower Inn & Spa, White Barn Inn, and The Vanderbilt Hotel, and will be based in Aspen, Colorado.
As RVP, this role works closely with each of the assigned properties providing guidance, oversight, understanding, and ensuring strong owner, property, and internal stakeholder relations. With keen alignment to our mission and ENRICH values, this role strengthens the assigned properties by supporting the Auberge “one-of-a-kind” strategy focused on our brand differentiators: design, wellness and truly unique and curated experiences that are locally inspired and reflect the destination’s sense of place.
The General Manager is the primary leadership role at the hotel, leading a team to drive extraordinary performance in all areas of the operation. This role sets the strategic direction ensuring alignment with our luxury standards and values. Serves as the coach and champion of all team members, attracting new talent, developing their skills and capabilities, and maintaining a strong culture. This role is a consummate host – serving as the Ambassador and key spokesperson for the hotel, nurturing relationships with the community.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
RVP FOR ASSIGNED PROPERTIES:
- Serves as a mentor and advisor to the GM of each property
- Performs site visits to monitor ARC standards in driving service excellence
- Provides guidance and oversight to annual budget and strategic planning process
- Maintains positive owner relations
- Provides input to selection of leadership positions in the region
- Complements and supports the sales & marketing initiatives to drive programming, curation, differentiated F&B offerings and experiences, social events – to maximize top line revenue
- Partners with the VP Finance Operations and COO to provide ongoing feedback to the hotel on its financial performance
- Key involvement in all major renovations and CAPEX projects
- Partners with VP Talent & Culture on annual talent reviews, L&D planning for the region, workforce plan, recruiting strategy, and annual engagement survey action plans.
GENERAL MANAGER OF HOTEL JEROME:
- Serves as the consummate host for guests and residences, present in the operation and in the front of house.
- Responsible for maximizing the return on investment to the owner by achieving the objectives of the annual budget, business plan, marketing plan and strategic initiatives in all areas of the operation, guest service, team member engagement and profitability
- Provides the highest quality guest service and product, a positive work environment for all team members and creates soulful journey experiences and programs
- Has full accountability for the successful implementation of the Company’s strategies and goals
- Responsible for the financial performance of the hotel and residences
- Develops an operating culture with a mindset towards performance, quality, lean operating techniques, and bottom-line results.
- Tirelessly drives continuous improvement in all areas of the resort.
- On-going involvement in the day to day operational challenges with strong follow-through to drive results
- Leads inspiring and thoughtful daily rallies
- Responsible for resort compliance to all Auberge Resorts brand standards.
- Review and approve all operating expenses for the resort
- Attracts, mentors, and develops talent; ensures development of people is happening throughout the hotel operation
- Interview all candidates in final consideration for management level positions.
- Conduct final interview of all guest contact staff.
- Respond to residential owner requests, leading role in residential board meetings
- Ensures the resort is compliant with local health and safety codes, company guest service, product and brand standards, policies, and procedures
- Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- Is driven, innovative and passionate about being a host and leader of a hotel in the mountains
- Has a curious mind, is a strong multi-tasker who finds opportunities and creates solutions
- “Rolls-up their sleeves” to get it done and inspires others with their vision and acumen
- Has a strong understanding of the style, design and nuance of luxury that is required to create a distinctive brand
- Collaborative and has strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal English communication skills; computer literate.
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Positive, honest, and energetic work ethic
- Ability to present clear, concise, and meaningful information to owners, guests, executives, managers, and employees.
- Ability to coach and mentor at all levels
- Ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial data
- Ability to solve practical and complex problems
- Ability to travel to assigned properties for site visits and internal meetings, as well as other resorts, home office as needed.
- 10+ years progressive experience in hotel operations management
- Proven expertise at successfully driving the performance of a luxury hotel
- Experience in driving sales & marketing, strong operations background
- Experience leading teams
- Experience in the mountains and in residences
- BS/BA in business management or hotel management
- Spanish language skills
- Operational background in Food & Beverage
- Demonstrated success in building brands and delivering results (ideally smaller independent brand)
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs