At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
About Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986
Check guests in/out of resort and provide the highest possible guest service and product.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation;
- All room types, layout, decor, appointments and locations;
- All room rates, special packages and promotions;
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures;
- Room availability status for any given day; and
- In-house Group Resume Details (Billing instructions, itinerary, background, etc.)
- Remain up to date on all Guest issues, events on property, VIPs, BEOs via E-mail & Red Book communication
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicate with all other hotel departments as necessary.
- Maintain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted cash. Keep bank secure at all times.
- Review arrivals 1 week in advance and daily to be familiar with all VIP guests, special requirements and potential problems.
- Ensure all rooms are hard blocked, fixed charges are added daily, and guest requests are met.
- Communicate all special requests to the appropriate departments
- If any requests cannot be met, proactively call guest prior to arrival to resolve all issues
- Maintain detailed notes in a notebook throughout the day of all guest requests and important information.
- Meet with arriving/departing shift member to relay these details and ensure proper follow through.
- Access all functions of computer system according to established procedures and standards.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout shift. Communicate shortages to Management.
- Answer department telephones within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Always do everything possible to accommodate all requests in a friendly manner. If unable to accommodate guest request always offer alternative options.
- Check Guests in & out of the hotel according to Jerome standards
- Ensure all guests are escorted to their room unless declined.
- Identify and resolve all Non-zero (open folio) guest accounts. If unable to resolve communicate to appropriate departments.
- Make reservations outside of hours, perform walk -ins, perform up sells whenever possible
- Maintain working knowledge of all Jerome Sundry Apparel Program and assist guests when requested
- Continuously update guest profiles to note preferences, issues, birthdays, etc.
- Accommodate room changes expediently.
- Handle guest complaints or problems immediately, ensuring guest satisfaction. Communicate all of the above to management to ensure communication to all necessary departments.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel.
- Clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Use guest's name effectively as a signal of recognition, but discreetly.
- Closes interactions with final appreciative or anticipatory remarks
- Provide legible written communication.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Input and retrieve computer data.
- Understand guest problems and find solutions.
- Use good judgment and maintain discretion and diplomacy while performing job duties.
- Promote positive relations with guests and staff.
- Remain calm, courteous and helpful.
- Think clearly and quickly.
- Prioritize, organize and follow-up.
- Ensure completion of all other duties as assigned/delegated by management.
- Guest Services experience required, 4-5 Star resort experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn
- Cash handling, extensive computer experience
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Front Office
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs