At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986
This position’s overall responsibility is to manage the spa, fitness and retail area. To manage appointments for the spa, to sell for the retail area and oversee the activities in the fitness area.
- Monthly inventories of all retail and spa products and to order appropriately as well as forward the inventories to accounting, spa and retail consultants.
- Hire and supervise the Team Members for these areas including all contractor Team Members
- Maintain the areas in a spotless condition and maintain the treatment rooms in between appointments
- Knowledge of all aspects of the treatments and the ability to recommend and suggestive selling
- Process spa reservations, billing and meet and greet all guests as they arrive and depart from their treatments
- Provides monthly analysis of all treatments and class attendance
- Support all aspects of retail-guest assistance, product display, product inventory, suggestive selling, inventory and merchandising
- Reconcile all discrepancies for retail, classes and treatments with guests
- Par stocks for all areas
- Food & Beverage programs in spa and fitness areas
- Co-ordinate classes in the studio of the fitness centre
- Set and maintain standards in the areas including uniforms, grooming, music, TV stations, magazines, food & beverage, cleanliness and guest relations
- Handle guest complaints or problem immediately, ensuring guest satisfaction. Communicate all of the above to management to ensure communication to all necessary departments
- Use good judgment and maintain discretion and diplomacy while performing job duties
- Participate in all designated programs and meetings
- Participate in the annual budget preparation
- Prior customer service experience/ hotel experience preferred
- Combination of education and work experience
- Ability to speak and write English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to maintain hotel and Auberge standards
- Ability to communicate in English with guests/ Team Members; written and spoken
- Ability to provide legible written communication and directions
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to process and set up computer needs for inventory and billing
- Ability to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and maintain organized areas
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs