At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
About Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
This position’s overall responsibility is overseeing bell/transportation/valet operations. Bell captains will supervise all bell person, door person, and skier shuttle drivers on a daily basis to ensure they are meeting Auberge Service Standards. Bell captains will ensure guests receive a positive first and last impression when they arrive and depart the resort. They will also ensure all guests are assisted with their luggage and escorted them to their room. Bell captains will need to perform administrative tasks including scheduling, payroll, and tracking additional associate commission.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain knowledge of: Scheduled daily activities; Daily arrivals/departures, house count, special events, VIPs, features and services of the hotel; Hours of operation of each outlet; Parking facilities, layout, and procedures.
- Ensure guests are greeted and assisted curbside within 60 seconds of arriving
- Assists guests with luggage automatically and escorted or directed to reception area
- Guests are introduced by name to the reception
- Opens doors and assist guests and visitors into and out of their vehicles.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Provide luggage tags for stored luggage.
- Document location of vehicles parked in parking facility.
- Park guest vehicles.
- Ensure security of vehicles and their keys.
- Ensure all driveways are kept clear and vehicles are not parked or left standing in illegal spaces.
- Answer departmental telephone within three rings, using proper greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Document phone requests for retrieving vehicles as specified,
- Retrieve vehicle keys from secured location and retrieve guest's vehicle from parking facility, following departmental procedures.
- Release vehicle to guest upon proper authorization of claim tickets. Open vehicle doors, assist guest into the vehicle
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquiries regarding destinations within the local area.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of local attractions and activities to recommend for guest inquiries.
- Handle guest complaints ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor all parking areas/levels; report any vehicle/safety hazards; unauthorized personnel or security problems to Manager.
- Direct traffic or vehicles at hotel entrance.
- Complete errands/ deliveries for guests and/or Managers when reasonable.
- Confirm all staff members have arrived and document/find substitutes for any late or absent Team Members.
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with staff (arrivals/departures/events/special requests, etc.)
- Schedule and assign staff breaks.
- Prepare weekly staff schedule.
- Conduct monthly department meetings.
- Assist in the developing of additional Standards and procedures as deemed necessary
- Direct the training of any new bell staff/shuttle drivers according to Hotel Jerome training plan
- Log daily drives in Drive Log system to determine end of month statistics
- Track additional department revenue including “valet, porterage, skier shuttle, and delivery fees” to ensure commission pay out
- Assist in the daily maintenance of all hotel vehicles inside and out
- Three years’ experience as a bell person
- Excellent driving record
- Prior customer service experience
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Two years’ experience driving vehicles.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Front Office
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs