At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986
Adhere to resort specifications and standards in operating the dishwashing machine to wash designated restaurant, banquet, and kitchen-wares. Clean and maintain equipment and dishwashing, kitchen, cafeteria, compactor, storage areas. Assist in washing pots pans and other kitchen utensils/equipment. Complete other special cleaning projects as assigned.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and Hotel Jerome requirements.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies
- Fill the dishwashing machine with specified amounts of designated chemicals. Ensure the temperature level of each cycle is set to standard. Notify Stewarding supervisor, Chef, or Sous Chef if machine is malfunctioning.
- Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
- Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
- Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full.
- Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
- Remove washed wares from dishwashing machine, and allow to air dry.
- Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
- Sort, stack, and store cleaned wares in designated areas.
- Handle all wares CAREFULLY to prevent breakage and loss.
- Change dishwashing machine water/filters and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned.
- Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals.
- Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas throughout shift.
- Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas following specifications in accordance with departmental standards.
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils, and other kitchen equipment in accordance with departmental standards.
- Stock kitchen lines with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
- Clean spills in kitchen and work areas immediately.
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.)
- Transport mats to the loading dock and clean according to standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
- Transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dumpster; empty and clean according to standards. Adhere to recycling regulations.
- Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation, and safety regulations as required by Hotel Jerome.
- Organize and restock work areas for next shift as specified in departmental standards
- Clean refrigerators/freezers, service hallways, service elevators and other items as assigned.
- Work with chemical and machine repair personnel to repair machine, improve quality or standards, increase productivity or capacity of machine.
- Complete job functions of other departmental positions as assigned.
- Assist in plating up banquet meals.
- Assist with basic food prep functions as assigned.
- Assist in special events as assigned.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in job-related English
- Positive work attitude.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Previous experience as resort/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position.
- Familiarity with proper chemical handling
- Ability to perform duties with attention to details, speed, accuracy, follow through and cooperativeness.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to adapt to meet priority changes of work floor or requirements.
- Ability to operate designated machinery.
- Ability to remain extremely alert while operating machinery.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs