At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986
The Manager on Duty is responsible for providing guidance and leadership to Front Desk agents while assisting Concierge & Guest Services whenever necessary. This position’s overall responsibility is to supervise daily Front Desk operations by ensuring agents consistently deliver quality customer service in accordance to Auberge Standards. This position will ensure the Front Desk reviews expected arrivals in advance, check guests in/out of resort, ensure accurate guest billing, make reservations outside of hours, and ensure guests are escorted to rooms. The MOD will make certain agents provide the highest possible guest service and product. The MOD is also required to assist the Assistant Front Office Manager with additional administrative tasks including: ensuring accuracy of payroll, writing schedules, coaching/disciplining staff, training, preparing department meetings, and managing Front Desk commission programs.
- Ensure Front Desk Staff maintain complete knowledge and modifications of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation;
- All room types, layout, decor, appointments and locations;
- All room rates, special packages and promotions;
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures;
- Room availability status for any given day; and
- In-house Group Details (Billing instructions, itinerary, background, etc.)
- Remain up to date on all Guest issues, events on property, VIPs, BEOs via E-mail & Red Book communication
- Ensure that Front Agents are meeting Auberge Service Standards
- Assist in the documentation of Team Member issues as they occur and recommending disciplinary action whenever needed.
- Organize group arrivals and departures and inspect all billing to be forwarded to sales.
- Consistently strive to maximize revenue and occupancy. Be fully aware of budgeted revenues and expenses.
- Assist Front Office Management in writing weekly Front Desk schedules according to forecasted business levels and making modifications as needed
- Ensure Front Desk maintains assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted cash. Holding Agents accountable for shortages or overages.
- Ensure proper completion of Front Desk AM/PM checklists by reviewing work on a daily basis. Making recommendations for any modifications or additions as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing arrivals one week in advance for with all VIP guests, special requirements, potential problems.
- Ensure all rooms are blocked, fixed charges are added daily, and guest requests are met.
- Communicate all special requests to the appropriate departments
- Resolve room status discrepancies with Housekeeping.
- If any requests cannot be met, proactively call guest prior to arrival to resolve all issues
- Ensure all guest requests are completed within a reasonable time.
- Assist in the training of any new Front Desk agent. Ensure that Team Members are trained in accordance with our standards and our guidelines, testing for accuracy and understanding at each step of the training process.
- Ensure Front Desk Agents operate the PMS system according to established procedures and standards.
- Continually assisting in the development of Front Desk Standardized Operating Procedures
- Ensure Front Desk Agents are checking guests in & out of the hotel according to Jerome standards
- Ensure Front Desk Agents are adhering to all established accounting & cashiering practices including:
- Processing package adjustments, transfers, write-offs, & disputes
- Processing paid outs, posting charges, making change, accepting personal/traveler checks, processing credit cards.
- Settling all house & guest accounts.
- Ensure all guests are escorted to their room & provided a detailed hotel/room orientation (unless declined).
- Identify and resolve all Non-zero (open folio) guest accounts and add notes to all pending issues.
- Ensure Front Desk Agents accuracy of reservations made outside of hours & encourage upsells
- Maintain knowledge of all promotions, packages, and cancelation policy
- Extend every effort to obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations for guests with reservations when the hotel cannot accommodate them.
- Responsible for managing and tracking Front Desk Commission Program (Upsells, Walk-ins, & Advanced Bookings)
- Assist Front Office Management with preparing & conducting weekly/monthly department meetings.
- Clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Understand guest problems and find solutions. Handle guest complaints or problems immediately, ensuring guest satisfaction. Notify designated department/personnel for resolving situation. Follow up within 30 minutes to ensure completion and guest satisfaction. Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel
- Use good judgment and maintain discretion and diplomacy while performing job duties.
- Promote positive relations with guests and staff.
- Remain calm, courteous and helpful. Think clearly and quickly. Prioritize, organize and follow-up.
- Ensure completion of all other tasks as assigned/delegated by upper management.
- Work with Guest Service Supervisor with arranging for guest’s transportation
- Work with Chef Concierge with arranging dinner, activities, or amenity requests.
- Act as the Manager on Duty and responsible for other duties as assigned by Front Office Management.
- Customer Service experience required - 4-5 Star resort experience preferred.
- 1 Year Minimum Front Desk Experience, Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent driving record
- Charismatic, well spoken, organized, prompt, & willingness to learn.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Programs including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point, & Publisher.
- Extensive knowledge of Google Applications including G-mail
- Extensive Communication skills
- Extensive multi-tasking & strong follow through skills
- Ability to answer high volume of phone calls throughout 8 hours
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Front Office
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs