At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986
Responsible for the supervision of the Hotel loading dock to include: traffic flow, organization of deliveries and pickups, and the accurate recording of all items going into and out of the resort.
Ensures this area is safe and properly secured at all times. Teaches staff safe work practices and handles/ stores all merchandise in the proper manner. Extend all F&B inventories and update prices for end of month entries.
Research all new items for best price and vendors by working with corporate procurement as asked by executives and Managers. Oversee all purchasing training of new Managers for Purchase orders and on line supply ordering. Ensures that all team members are using the hotel’s approved purchasing order system.
- Assists the Controller, Culinary Department, Executive Steward in maintaining the selection, training and supervision of a productive and service oriented purchasing steward
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere and a cohesive team environment
- Actively involved in the daily operation by working with Team Members in a “hands on” manner and by modeling a strong work ethic and safety standards.
- Coordinates deliveries and pick-ups with vendors for optimum efficiency in the limited space of the loading dock
- Ensures all deliveries are unloaded quickly, properly recorded and either delivered to the department or stored for easy access.
- Oversees UPS/ FedEx and other carriers for the property. Records all letters/ packages for pick up, logs-in all items for internal delivery and is capable of tracking all packages upon request.
- Maintains all par levels for back storage of office supplies, dry goods, beverage and food items for the entire hotel. Ensures the hotel has enough back up to not run out of standard items.
- Provides directions as needed to guests and vendors to the surrounding area.
- Supervises the loading dock opening and closing procedures.
- Investigating discrepancies in orders by researching the P.O./ computer back up to isolate the problem.
- Monitors various storage areas for neatness and proper security.
- Handles “after hours” requests by following proper procedures.
- Coordinate and extend all F&B inventories for month end close procedures.
- Update all price changes on F&B inventories.
- Train all new Managers on purchase order process and on line supply orders.
- Ensures the staff maintains equipment properly and takes pride in their work area.
- Develops strong working relationships with Department Managers and Team Members, to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Complies with all hotel policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must speak and read English
- 1 year of previous supervision experience in a shipping, receiving or loading dock environment required
- 1 year of shipping and receiving experience
- Word or Excel knowledge
- Bilingual in Spanish
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs