At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
About Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
This position must be COLORADO BASED.
Provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, cancellations and information. This position can work remotely.
- Create a genuine, informative, and personalized guest reservations experience.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both verbal and written, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding, both in person and by telephone.
- Aptitude with computer database systems, Opera preferred.
- Ability to ascertain the caller's needs and comply with such to ensure caller's satisfaction.
- Ability to process written requests for room reservations.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest and resort information.
- Ability to promote positive relations with all telephone callers.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, think clearly and follow up.
- Ability to focus attention on details, remain calm under pressure and process reservations requests quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team, remaining calm and with positive attitude.
- Maintain complete knowledge of the resort and other information including the following:
- All resort facilities/services offered and hours of operation.
- All room types, layout, décor, attributes and locations.
- All room rates, special packages and promotions.
- Daily stats, including availability.
- Entertainment/special events scheduled on property and in the area.
- Directions to the resort from airports and other major landmarks.
- General info, descriptions and directions for local services, restaurants, and points of interests.
- Utilize Navis Dashboard, and Navis best practices to Auberge Resorts company standards which include the following:
- Complete Navis education software with-in a 30 day window from initial hire date.
- Use/adopt Navis and Auberge Call Standards and apply them to use of sales techniques and strategies.
- Review calls daily to ensure call result accuracy, call compliance, completion of ELM lead forms.
- Actively participate and comply with bi-weekly coaching sessions with Supervisor/Manager.
- Proactively follow-up with any potential lead in an effective, hospitable, and timely manner.
- Assist and ensure effective guest challenge resolution. Work closely with fellow guest service associates and other departments to resolve any challenges; ensure follow-through and exceed guest expectations when possible.
- Accurately input guest contact information. Add information to guest history such as; previous stay experience, special occasions, preferences, and other pertinent information.
- Ensure all billing and financial transactions are accurately and efficiently executed on behalf of guests.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all group organizers.
- Enter/update rooming lists and distribute reports to group contractors.
- Work on group billing according to contract and email history in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Reservations Manager.
- Minimum two years in a service position or reservations position preferably at a luxury resort
- Ability to clearly communicate in English both verbal and written
- Must possess gracious people and sales skills, and have a positive personality
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Sales & Marketing Positions
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs