At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
About Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
Monitors and patrols assigned areas to provide a safe environment for guests and Team Members and to minimize opportunities for loss or damage. Anticipates potential problems and reacts to disturbances and prohibited conduct. Responds to emergency situations as needed.
- All areas of Hotel and surrounding property.
- Job involves working:
- Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- Under variable noise levels.
- Around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- Around dust and/or mite hazards.
- Around chemicals.
Internal: All Hotel Staff.
External: Hotel Guest, Resident Guest and residents/visitors, Police Department, Fire Department, Vendors and Contractors.
- High school graduate.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers).
- Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest and Team Member information and pertinent resort data.
- Work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- College degree.
- Security Experience
- Experience with computer.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/point of sale system/computers.
- Experience in Hospitality Industry in similar position.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Certification of previous training in computers.
- Certification of previous training in alcohol awareness program.
- Knowledge of local laws, investigative methods and fire safety.
- Certification in CPR and first aid.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish
- Exert physical effort in transporting 35-40 pounds.
- Physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 2 feet.
- Remain in stationary position for 8 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guest, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guest, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest and Team Member relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest and residents complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete awareness of:
- scheduled group activities and house count.
- hotel facilities and services.
- hours of operation.
- facility layout.
- fire and emergency plans.
- departmental rules of conduct.
- Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to the daily shift.
- Review the resort status and follow up actions with the previous shift officer.
- Issue radios, beepers, keys to designated Hotel personnel. Maintain accurate records and ensure the safekeeping of such.
- Provide escorts for Team Members.
- Ensure that after-hours access into secured resort areas are properly authorized, monitored and documented.
- Handle deliveries received during non-business hours.
- Work with outside agencies (i.e., police).
- Contact the Director of Facilities immediately for emergency situations.
- Monitor surveillance cameras.
- Investigate duress alarms.
- Patrol the property with specified equipment, checking all designated points and document all actions taken.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Ensure all guest room doors are secured; assist guest and residents with room access.
- Investigate suspicious persons on resort property.
- Conduct designated investigations into theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints and other guest and residents complaints; complete documented reports.
- Respond to the scene of guest and Team Member accident promptly; administer first aid/CPR; communicate specified information to E.M.S./medical personnel as required.
- Report to scenes of guest or Team Member fighting.
- Comply with state regulations and resort guidelines for handling intoxicated guest and residents.
- Coordinate towing of vehicles.
- Report to scenes of vehicles accidents/thefts and document specified information.
- Assist in moving/removing guest room possessions, inventory and security.
- Comply with guest requests for storing and safekeeping of their valuables.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security and resort reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Answer the departmental telephone.
- Communicate by radio/beeper with designated resort personnel.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering.
- Legibly complete designated reports.
- Document all pertinent information in the log book daily.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review resort status and any follow-up actions with on-coming Security Officer.
- Assist Human Resources with locker or bag inspections.
Auberge Resorts is proud to support the needs of our team members and their families with a competitive and affordable benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account
Basic Life and AD&D
Employee Assistance Program
Wellness program and initiatives with opportunity to avoid an increase in monthly benefit costs by completing an annual health assessment and other requirements
Voluntary plans: short- and long-term disability, additional life insurance coverage, accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity coverage, and legal insurance
401(k) program and receive a match on employee contributions.
Throughout their employment, and beyond, team members have access to the Auberge Benefits Resource Center to get answers to questions and how best to utilize their benefits.
Eligibility to enroll in our benefits is based on the applicable waiting period and employment status. Some benefits may require an employee contribution. The Plan documents supersede this description.
Pay Rate: $19.00
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Hotel Jerome is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Hotel Jerome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hotel Jerome complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Engineering & Facilities
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs