At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
About Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.SUMMARY:
Plan, organize and manage the details for group bookings (e.g., Guest rooms, menus, set-up, etc.) Participate in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements. Ensure maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality product. Focus on execution of all aspects of event planning including coordination from the signing of a group contract forward, VIP needs, amenities, group resumes, and rooming lists.
1.Responsible for the management and planning of meetings/events and related activities.
2. Attends Banquet Event Order (BEO) and staff meetings and perform as a team leader for all hotel department staff participating in the event delivery process.
3.. Coordination of all group business as developed by the sales manager(s). Contact and appropriately follow-up on all signed/contracted business within 2 working days. Determination and coordination of all event planning needs.
4. Maintain well documented, accurate, organized and up to date file management in order to serve client and the employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
5. Develop customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system including trace dates and references resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
6. Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
7. Follow up on all client needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
8. Focuses on revenue-generating activity and maximizes selling time through retaining accounts/clients, maximizing account yield opportunities and sales effectiveness.
9. Detail, up-sell and detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Prepare the appropriate resumes and paperwork to ensure quality service.
10. Manage function details and related activities to ensure that program requirements are satisfied. Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction and repeat business.
11. Oversees all billing details for hotel groups to include processing of deposits, direct bill applications, credit card authorizations and coordination with accounting.
12. Improve hotel conference services' products through; (a) participate in the development of new sales tools and systems, (b) participate in the analysis of the strengths and weakness of our competitions product, and (c) analysis, understanding, and satisfaction of our customers' needs.
13. Monitor and control individual client event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
14. Attend and lead pre conference meetings as needed. Coordinate the pre-con between the client and hotel staff and review the details of the BEO with all parties.
15. Close out all groups to include pickup in sales system (Delphi) and commission owed, including processing with accounting.
16. Solicit and listen to customer and employee feedback and advise DOCCS/DOFB/General Manager on suggested changes.
24. Take necessary actions to protect the integrity and wellbeing of the hotel and the Hotel Jerome employees.
25. Be an objective, strong, respectful leader.
26. Responsible for all other assignments as defined by the GM, DOCCS & DOF&B, and DOS.
Base Salary $60,000 - $70,0000 + Incentive
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Hotel Jerome is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Hotel Jerome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hotel Jerome complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Sales & Marketing Positions
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs