At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
About Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection
Located in the heart of town, the 97-room Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. This year, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled new social spaces including a renovated Aspen Times newspaper building, residential-style suites facing Ajax Mountain and a sultry underground bar – Bad Harriet. The 130-year-old historic landmark boasts luxurious, contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. Considered as one of Aspen’s favorite places since it opened in 1889 at the height of Aspen’s boomtown silver-mining era, the hotel features Prospect, an American bistro; après-ski favorite – the Living Room bar and lounge; the award-winning Auberge Spa; and the legendary J-Bar, which is lauded as an Aspen institution. Hotel Jerome was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
All technical and non-technical buildings and grounds repairs. Troubleshooting and/or repairs of all electrically ran irrigation and devices. Groundskeeping, pool maintenance, snow removal, irrigation, and minor outdoor repairs. Completion of all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner. Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Ground’s maintenance
- Cleaning pavers and stone
- Minor pool maintenance
- Snow removal
- Organization of tools and parts
- Safely filling propane tanks
- Leave all work in a safe and clean condition
- Use of all power tools safely, including pressure washers and compressors
- Respond to all emergency or life-threatening situations
- Follow established safety procedures
- Log and communicate all essential information in Engineering daily reports
- Move various objects for relocation and/or access
- Assist other maintenance personnel with their job functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program.
Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Experience with power tools use and safety
- Ability to follow verbal instruction
- Ability to read and follow directions on warning labels
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions on assembly of mechanical equipment and furniture
- Ability to provide legible written communication
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, co-worker, and management to understanding
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish
- Previous landscaping experience
- Ability to perform job skills with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules to ensure no guest or associate inconvenience
- Ability to work a ten-hour shift
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and remain calm
- Ability to list 50 pounds of material for transportation
- Ability to maintain good co-ordination
- Ability to maintain equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ropes, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or arms. Body agility is emphasized
- Ability to crawl on hands and knees or hands and feet
- Ability to bend downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as making fine adjustments on machinery
- Ability to grasp an object with fingers and palm
- Ability to grasp an object with fingers and palm
- Ability to tilt head back in order to see objects overhead for up to five minutes at a time
- Ability to lift heavy objects from a lower to a higher position
- Ability to extend arms and hands in any direction
- Ability to pull, draw or drag objects in a sustained motion
- Ability to push with upper extremities against something in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward
- Ability to walk long distances, particularly uphill
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Auberge Resorts is proud to support the needs of our team members and their families with a competitive and affordable benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account
Basic Life and AD&D
Employee Assistance Program
Wellness program and initiatives with opportunity to avoid an increase in monthly benefit costs by completing an annual health assessment and other requirements
Voluntary plans: short- and long-term disability, additional life insurance coverage, accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity coverage, and legal insurance
401(k) program and receive a match on employee contributions.
Throughout their employment, and beyond, team members have access to the Auberge Benefits Resource Center to get answers to questions and how best to utilize their benefits.
Eligibility to enroll in our benefits is based on the applicable waiting period and employment status. Some benefits may require an employee contribution. The Plan documents supersede this description.
Pay Rate: $21.00
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Hotel Jerome is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Hotel Jerome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hotel Jerome complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Engineering & Facilities
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs