Position Title: Busser
Location: Aspen, CO
Department: Food & Beverage
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: $10.63/hr plus tips
Reports To: Director of Food & Beverage
Update date: 1/17/23
Join our team as a Busser for Hotel Jerome, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by assisting servers in providing quality food and beverage service to guests, according to resort specifications, courteously and efficiently.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain cleanliness of tables, service areas, and equipment
- Stock all wares and equipment needed for service
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, and proper table setup.
- Understand and anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Handle guest complaints following procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain table cleanliness throughout the guest experience.
- Remove all courses once completed by the entire table with the proper verbiage.
- Remove and transport soiled wares from tables to the dishwashing area as assigned. Separate soiled wares and food according to procedures.
- Clean and reset a table for the next group of guests within 4 minutes of a table having departed.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of assigned tables.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- 1-year experience in a restaurant or hotel
- Experience in a luxury setting is a plus
Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Hotel Jerome has been the social hub of Aspen since its opening in 1889 at the height of the town’s silver boom, known as the place where all great stories were born and are told. As the only Aspen hotel to survive the silver crash, the long pre-ski-resort winters, and the Depression, we’ve seen cowboys ride through our doors, 10th Mountain Division soldiers gather round over pints after training on the slopes, and Hunter S. Thompson holding court during his run for sheriff. You can’t experience Aspen, without experiencing Jerome.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Hotel Jerome is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Hotel Jerome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hotel Jerome complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position