Join our team as Sommelier and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, you will be responsible for for assisting and supporting the Wine Director and Director of Bars to oversee,
develop, and maintain the wine program of Hotel Jerome to include wines by the glass in all outlets, event wine lists, wine amenities, mini-bar and bottled wine lists.
This is a full-time, exempt-status position. The pay rate is $60,000 annually plus commission.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Be well-versed of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and
major wines on the list; designated glassware & terminology.
- Develop, maintain, and assist with staff wine education for all F&B line staff.
- Participate in daily rally meetings with staff
- Provide educational material for staff training
- Engage guests and assist in wine sales in all F&B outlets
- Maintain presence on the floor during scheduled shifts and/or service dinner or shifts when the wine director is not available or off.
- Actively sell wines to guests and enhance the overall dining experience for the guests.
- Lead servers and bartenders in proper table service, beverage service, and wine service according to hotel specifications courteously and efficiently.
- Act as a leader and mentor for terms of service and sales of all beverages
- Monitor staff on proper pour levels and conduct on-going training as needed
- Support management team in actively servicing guests.
- Conduct weekly wine education forums.
- Ensure wine lists accurately reflect inventories.
- Assist with receiving inventory and organization of inventory within the cellar and all storage areas
- Assist with monthly inventory of all wine
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor
- Ensure that the wine service stations are clean, organized and stocked with designated supplies.
- Actively assist the team in service.
- Attend designated meetings, menu tastings, and lead wine tastings.
- High School graduate
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- 5 years experience as a fine dining or upscale casual server
- Certified Sommelier by Court of Master Sommelier or Equivalent Certification
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management, members and co-workers to their understanding
Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Hotel Jerome has been the social hub of Aspen since its opening in 1889 at the height of the town’s silver boom, known as the place where all great stories were born and are told. As the only Aspen hotel to survive the silver crash, the long pre-ski-resort winters, and the Depression, we’ve seen cowboys ride through our doors, 10th Mountain Division soldiers gather round over pints after training on the slopes, and Hunter S. Thompson holding court during his run for sheriff. You can’t experience Aspen, without experiencing Jerome.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Hotel Jerome is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Hotel Jerome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hotel Jerome complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a management position