At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Responsible for the direction and management of Restaurant, Room Service and pool service in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements, and maintains a service standard and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Responsible for all facets of Restaurant, Room Service and pool service including, but not limited to, revenue achievement, cost control, payroll management, purchasing, receiving, budgeting, forecasting, standard development/maintenance, and staff
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu selections available in all outlets.
- The department’s financial standing at all times (month-to-date and year-to-date).
- layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacities, hours of operation, price ranges, and dress code.
- POS and manual procedures.
- Daily house counts, arrivals/departures, GIRs.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Daily/weekly management of missed punches, punch edits and weekly gratuity management per Hotel Jerome policy and Colorado law.
- Associate handbook-Enforce and adhere to Hotel Jerome policies.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- See that scheduled inventories (food, beverage, china, glass, silver & linen) are accurately performed.
- Approve all Restaurant, Room Service and pool service-related invoices. Ensure that invoices are coded correctly and are forwarded to Accounting Office in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all revenues and costs are within budgeted parameters.
- Review sales for previous day; resolve discrepancies with accounting. Track revenue against budget. Track labor and costs against the budget.
- Write and review staff schedules. Ensure that they are in accordance with anticipated business demands.
- Attend all pre-shift meetings while on property.
- Approve all non-food and non-beverage, food & beverage item purchase orders.
- Constantly monitor Restaurant, Room Service and pool service staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to department standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Responsible for all Restaurant, Room Service and pool service staff performance evaluations, making sure they are completed on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with Executive Chef on all menus; this is to include: development, presentation, pricing, pre-implementation tasting, and implementation.
- Inspect all aspects of the F&B environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Direct respective personnel to rectify deficiencies.
- Review the restaurant reservations. Check for special requests. Ensure that staff is informed.
- Be familiar with all resort service/features and local attractions and activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct appropriate daily, weekly, monthly staff meetings.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and associate morale.
- Oversee the development of annual F&B budget; this is to include: average checks (food, liquor/beer and wine) and cover counts by outlet and by meal period, labor (staffing guides) by department, cost of sale percentages, and other expenses.
- Set pars for china/glass/silver & linen for Prospect Restaurant, Room Service and pool as needed.
- Collect the information to track monthly interdepartmental transfers. Forward to Accounting Office.
- Stay current on industry trends and competition.
- Take necessary steps to ensure achievement of all financial goals.
- Determine all F&B pricing (restaurant/room service, bar, private dining, pool, etc.) to, corkage charges, etc.
- Participate in and support resort and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in food and beverage management.
- Two years experience as an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, preferably at a Mobil four star (or equivalent) or better resort.
- Food handling certificate.
- Knowledge of various food services styles
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and coworkers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with food/beverage and labor cost control.
- Strong knowledge of wines, with focus on Napa Valley and California wineries and appellations.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff.
- Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs