At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Provide all massage, hydrotherapy and body treatments provided by The Hotel Jerome Spa. An integral team member in the operation.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program.
- Ability to make guests as physically and emotionally comfortable as possible while providing services.
- Ability to drape guest, exposing only the body part being worked on.
- Ability to learn, remember, provide and adhere to all massage and spa treatment protocols as outlined in the manual.
- Maintain a well-rounded knowledge of the human physiology, being able to identify a wide range of symptoms and disorders.
- Ability to assist guest in selecting services to best aid the guest in alleviating problems or attaining goals while in the Spa.
- Accurately communicate information regarding guest history to Spa Programmers for input into the system.
- Follow-up with Spa Director on all comments, concerns and suggestions made by staff members, resort guests.
- Explain and promote all spa and resort facilities, services and activities.
- Contact the spa the evening before a scheduled workday to confirm hours scheduled, maintain contact throughout scheduled workday with spa programmer staff to communicate additions, deletions, and changes in schedule.
- Guide and escort guests to the appropriate area in the spa.
- Provide all massages and spa treatments as outlined in the manual
- Keep work area clean and neat at all times. Follow sanitation procedures.
- Arrive on time for a scheduled shift. Return punctually from breaks and meal periods. Clock out promptly at end of scheduled shift.
- Assist other departments within the spa whenever necessary and available.
- On call for not less than four shifts per week or 16 shifts per month.
- Attend Hotel Jerome Team Member trainings and meetings as scheduled.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Maintain helpful, cooperative relations with co-workers.
- Adhere to the Hotel Jerome Team Member handbook guidelines.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining standard of excellence in professional image and services.
- Use of products within guidelines set in policy/procedure manual.
- Follow treatment procedures set in policy/procedure manual.
- Proper use of all spa facilities and equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of menu of services and products.
- Keep guest and Team Member areas neat and clean.
- Certificate of completion from a State or Nationally certified school of massage indicating 200 hours of training in massage therapy and 100 hours of documented supervised experience.
- Ability to provide all Hotel Jerome spa treatments as outlined in the protocol manual.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, understanding of the relationship between the structure and function of the human body, understanding of the theory, contraindications and benefits of massage therapy.
- Ability to work in an environment infused with a variety of scents, such as aromatherapy candles.
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of the job, the Team Member is required to stand for long periods of time, regularly lift and/or move 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds, reach with hands and arms, use manual dexterity for fingering and feeling objects, speak and hear, have visual acuity.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs