At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Plan, prep, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of food production to include, but not limited to menu items, line specials, and banquet items in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and resort requirements.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/resort policies and procedures, other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Meet with Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties:
- Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with standards.
- Check production schedule and pars.
- Establish priority items for the day.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day’s tasks.
- Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
- Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify and deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
- Tentative Work shifts: 3:30 pm - 12:00 am
- Start prep work and production of items needed for the day.
- Select, clean and prepare fruits and vegetables.
- Produce salads, fruit/vegetable/cheese/meat mirrors, trays and centerpieces for Banquets and buffets.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guest.
- Inform Banquet Chef of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and resort requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Assist in plating up Banquet hot meals as assigned.
- Three - four year experience in a professional culinary environment or culinary school.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests’ food orders.
- Ability to transport cases of received goods to the work station; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line.
- Ability to work a 10 hour shift in hot, noisy and sometimes close conditions.
- Ability to work with all products and ingredients involved.
- Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Ability to produce centerpiece displays and banquet trays.
- Ability to comprehend and follow recipes.
- Ability to produce reactive and artistic food work.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs