At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Supports both the Sales and Catering Department with day-to-day tasks. Responsible for social room blocks and groups of 14 rooms or less, managing both room blocks and events. Provides office and event coverage as needed.
- Maintain strong relationships with business contacts throughout the planning of bookings.
- Responsible for proposals, contracts and planning of all social groups and room blocks of 14 rooms and under.
- Meets with Meeting Planners and Conference Planning Managers as needed for site inspections, coordinate special menu planning and themed events.
- Manage group billing. Be sure billing is timely to Accounting.
- Practice upsell of F&B to all assigned groups.
- Manage pop ups and/or trunk shows as assigned by Director of Events.
- Create, send, and follow up on event orders for designated groups, create catering folders when signed contracts are received, and keep track of deposits received and past due.
- Maintain list of completed activities and initiatives for monthly activity report.
- Prepare reports for weekly meetings including BEOs and resumes.
- Assemble and maintain stock of catering and event kits for entire property.
- Answer sales telephone line.
- Respond to online leads; Work directly with Delphi to ensure accurate reporting and data entry.
- General Sales:
- Assist with any administrative tasks as needed or requested by Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Keep confidential lists and documentation organized and current.
- Work closely with Group Sales on strategic space blocking and GRC reports.
- Act as a backup resource to Leisure and Group Sales functions including taking reservations, fielding group or event calls, and answering phones when needed.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Ability to make smart decisions that support resort operations and the Catering function.
- Ability to professionally represent the resort, and interact with clients in a polished, responsible, and timely manner.
- Ability to communicate information to operational departments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to portray Hotel Jerome as the unique destination resort that it is, and to close the sale. If sale is not closed, ability to follow up with the guest in a timely manner until the file is complete.
- Ability to track sources of business, qualifying each call in order to better direct marketing efforts.
- Knowledge of Springer Miller Systems and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of other Auberge Resorts, and the local area.
- Administrative background with resort sales and/or catering experience.
- Awareness and knowledge of banquet service standards and/or an interest in food & wine.
- Delphi Knowledge
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to provide event coverage as needed.
- Ability to take on new responsibilities and roles as the position demands, whether they are administrative or operationally based.
- Exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Pleasant and professional phone demeanor.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs