At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
- Greet all individuals arriving courteously and assist with their needs.
- Complete all tasks as assigned by Human Resources Manager.
- Onboard new hires and enter new hire paperwork
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, computer and manual systems.
- Set up Human Resources office with necessary supplies and resource materials; maintain cleanliness throughout administrative office areas.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies (letterhead, envelopes, benefit packets, orientation packet, H.R. forms, handbooks.).
- Record telephone messages legibly and completely, responding as necessary.
- Establish and/or maintain filing procedures in an orderly fashion.
- Attend designated meetings, take minutes, transcribe and distribute.
- Document all Team Member requests/complaints and communicate such to respective personnel for proper handling. Follow up on associate satisfaction.
- Promote positive relations with associates.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of specified H.R. information, correspondence, reports and files.
- Process acknowledgement postcards to applicants.
- Process regret letter for employment candidates not hired.
- Process Team Member birthday cards monthly.
- Generate monthly birthday and anniversary lists.
- Maintain Associate Bulletin Boards.
- Assist in assist in benefit administration, as needed.
- Assist in orientation in Human Resources Director’s absence or as requested.
- Check employment references on prospective new hires.
- Assist in other projects as directed by Human Resources Director.
- Maintain active and termination files.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program.
- Be willing to help in any situation when called upon to do so.
Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- 2-3 years administrative assistant capacity and/or human resources.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with guests/visitors and resort personnel to their understanding.
- Preferably bilingual in Spanish, verbal and written
- Knowledge of computers in a Windows environment, Word, Excel
- Demonstrated typing speed at 50 wpm
- Some college or business school training ideal
- Previous experience in hospitality industry, preferably a 4-5 star, luxury hotel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling, grammar and sentence structure.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to input and access data in a computer.
- Ability to type 50 wpm accurately.
- Ability to maintain the Director of Human Resources business calendar
- Ability to ascertain callers’ needs and comply with such to ensure callers’ satisfaction.
- Ability to promote positive relations will all telephone callers
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to focus attention on details, be well organized and follow up.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Team Member information and designated resort data.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in support of other departments as appropriate.
- Ability to anticipate and understand callers’ needs and comply with such to ensure callers’ satisfaction.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments as part of a team.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs