At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Plan, prepare, set up and provide high quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in designated outlets on and off property. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of all food related work areas and equipment.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and resort requirements.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/resort policies and procedures, other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Meet with Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties:
- Set up work station with proper tools, mise en place and equipment according to kitchen standards, as necessary.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure that everything complies with kitchen standards.
- Check production schedule and daily pars. Ensure that daily production is organized, prioritized, and on track.
- Inform Sous Chef immediately of any items /supplies needed for the day’s tasks as necessary.
- Rotate and restock any dry goods, fresh products, cooking wines that you use in production in the appropriate areas as per need.
- Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify and deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
- Inform Sous Chef of any shortages or 86’d items effecting the restaurant menu(s). Keep Sous Chef abreast of quantities of any specials or items that may run out BEFORE they run out.
- Assist other Line Cooks whenever necessary to ensure the highest quality items are reaching our guests.
- Check P.O.S. printer at the work station; ensure that it is in working order and there is enough paper available for shift.
- Organize and maintain production via prep lists and/or production lists as formulated by Sous Chefs, as well as Station Cooks.
- Maintain proper storage of all products as specified by Health Department, Sous Chef and Jerome requirements.
- Assist stewards in order to make clean-up efficient.
- Understand your ingredients and utilize them properly in order to minimize waste and maintain controls.
- Break down work station and complete closing duties according to department standards:
- Organize all storage areas.
- Clean food prep areas and work stations, reach-ins, walk-in and shelves.
- Transport dirty pots, pans to pot washing station/dish station.
- 4+ years line cook experience; culinary education preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English with co-workers, guests and management to their understanding.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests’ food orders.
- Ability to transport cases of received goods to the work station; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line.
- Ability to work a 10 hour shift in hot, noisy and sometimes close conditions.
- Ability to work with all products and ingredients involved.
- Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Ability to comprehend and follow recipes.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Assist with training of new cooks.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs