At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Position Title: Parking/Transportation Manager Location: Hotel Jerome, Aspen CO
Department: Front Office – Guest Services FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Front of House Manager Revised Date: August 17, 2017
This position’s overall responsibility is to assist the Front Office Manager with directing the hotel’s Guest Services Operations including: Bell, Transportation, Valet, and Ski Concierge Services. This position is the Liaison between Guest Services & all other Front Office departments. The Guest Service Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Bell Captains are accurately organizing, coordinating, & charging daily guest transportation (including; private, courtesy, group drives, & ski shuttle) with the utilization of the Calendar and G-Mail features within Google Applications. This position is responsible for various administrative functions including: ensuring accuracy of payroll, writing department schedules, coaching & disciplining staff, ensuring & conducting accurate training, running weekly & monthly department meetings, tracking service charges in order to ensure associate payouts, ensuring proper maintenance of Jerome vehicles, and maintaining department budget constraints.
Note: Guest Services Manager will be required to act as transportation, valet, and bell coordinator & dispatch when not performing other administrative functions. During this time, he or she must remain at Front Door at ALL times.
- Scheduled daily activities;
- Daily arrivals/departures, house count, special events, VIPs, features and services of the hotel. Review all arrivals prior to check-in to be familiar with guest’s needs & potential issues.
- Hotel Events & Valet Parking Program
- Hours of operation of each Food and Beverage & Spa outlet
- Location of retail shops, restaurants, banks, businesses, etc.
- Local attractions and activities to recommend for guest inquiries.
- Town’s layout and specific street names
- Parking facilities, layout, and procedures.
- Ensuring staff remain up to date on all of the above information
- Ski Shuttle Hours of operation & Daily Rates per person (winter only)
- Private Shuttle Rates
- Airport Transportation Departure times
- Private Meet & Greet Transportation
- Alternative transportation vendor options in case guest is price resistant or has specific needs
- Ensure Concierge Staff maintains complete up-to-date knowledge at all times of preferred vendor’s pricing, hours of operation, cancellation policies, etc.
- Guest Services Manager will track & manage vendor commission program.
Answer departmental telephone within three rings, using proper greeting and telephone etiquette.
Organize daily guest transportation – (including private, courtesy, and group drives) with the utilization of Calendar and G-Mail features within Google Applications. Monitor flight information for guests who scheduled Private Airport Transportation to ensure guests are greeted accordingly. Communicate anticipated business demands daily with staff (arrivals/departures/events/etc).
Document phone requests for retrieving vehicles as specified.
Maintain Valet VIP list as directed by ownership & GM. Ensure that Guest Service staff is up-to-date with list.
Responsible for ensuring proper storing, delivering, and tracking of group/ individual amenity deliveries
Responsible for overall organization of luggage room by keeping updated luggage storing, delivery, and shipping log.
Responsible for maintenance of all bell carts – ensuring daily polishing
Ensure all public areas with focus of the front reception and lobby are clean and tidy at all times
Responsible for Newspaper Program – ensuring daily receiving, delivery, and recycling while keeping track of overages.
Ensure associates escort guests to rooms per Jerome’s Room Escort Procedures while providing detailed property & room tour
- Cut department costs whenever possible including – labor, supplies, and utilities.
- Adhere to established labor standards and minimize overtime as much as possible.
- Minimizing # of city parking citations issued & # of Rio Grande Underground Parking Garage passes.
Assist Front Office Manager ensure proper maintenance of Jerome vehicles
- Scheduling Seasonal oil repairs, tire changes, etc.
- Ensuring Bell Captain(s) are performing daily maintenance checks for proper levels: gas, oil, washer fluid, air pressure
- Recording any damages to vehicles, investigating causes, prevent future incidents.
- Schedule repairs as needed.
- Recording monthly gas consumption & mileage
- Ensure proper paperwork is being filled out & filed accurately daily
- Work with Front Desk Management to ensure non-cash gratuities are being recorded into Proper Management System
- Ensure Service Charges & Gratuities are recorded accurately and submitted bi-weekly at the end of the pay period.
Document all vehicle accidents or damages properly with the use of Incident Report Template for security and communication purposes. Work with Front Office Manager on developing a solution and contacting guest.
Review Hotel Jerome’s UNIFOCUS (Guest Satisfaction) Results Daily
Identify service Issues, whether or not issues were resolved to guest satisfaction, identify any negative & positive comments, and if agents mentioned by name. Handle results accordingly with Rewards program or disciplinary action.
Investigate any unresolved issues by collecting all facts. Work with Front Office Manager to contact guest via telephone or e-mail to apologize and resolve issues to guest satisfaction.
Assist in the documentation of Team Member issues as they occur and performing disciplinary action whenever needed.
Assist in the acknowledging and rewarding positive behavior with J-Bucks
Assist in the Hiring, Selection, and Training of new bell associates, valet attendants, shuttle drivers, and ski concierge according to Jerome training programs (including Tarmac driving when picking up at Atlantic Private Airport).
Attend Weekly Hotel Management Meetings including Staff & Rooms Division
Prepare & Conduct Monthly Department Meetings with Guest Services Staff
Understand guest problems and find solutions. Handle guest complaints or problems immediately, ensuring guest satisfaction. Notify designated department/personnel for resolving situation. Follow up within 30 minutes to ensure completion and guest satisfaction. Document all service issues utilizing the Guest Incident Report template for communication purposes.
Ensure accuracy of payroll
- Review Daily Jerome Flash Report & Hotel Occupancy to identify labor expenses and adjust as needed.
- Review Hotel Payroll Program daily to identify any missing punches, erroneous punches, agents approaching OT
Assist Front Office Manager in the developing of additional Standards and procedures as deemed necessary.
Continuously assist the Front Desk with updating guest profiles to note preferences, issues, birthdays, etc.
Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments and personnel.
Clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
Use good judgment and maintain discretion and diplomacy while performing job duties.
During Winter Only:
- Ensure ski equipment is received, labeled, stored, and issued in an organized professional manner.
- Ensure Ski concierge maintains up-to-date inventory log
- E-mail Forecasted Hotel Occupancy biweekly to Gorsuch Manager to ensure proper retail shop coverage
- Ensure Ski Concierge deliver/pickup any tunes from the main Gorsuch shop on Durant Street daily before leaving for the day. If the Ski Concierge is not available, the Bell team will arrange for this to occur.
- Help monitor professionalism of Gorsuch staff and work with Gorsuch Manager on any service issues.
- Ensure Ski Shuttle Charges are posted daily with accurate gratuities.
- Identify VIP Guests for Ski Concierge to provide personalized tour. Ensure proper hourly wage tracking.
- Manage (orienting & issuing) VIP Locker Program at the Little Nell Residences.
- Valid Colorado State Driver’s License, with no violations.
- Excellent driving record
- Prior customer service experience – hotel front office experience preferred
- Prior supervisory experience or three years of bell associate experience
- Two years’ experience driving vehicles.
- Ability to drive all vehicle types.
- Combination of education and experience
- Ability to maintain hotel’s standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in English with guests/Team Members to their understanding.
- Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide responses.
- Ability to use radio/pager and respond in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and make good judgments.
- Ability to maintain concentration and think clearly under all driving conditions.
- Ability to ensure security of vehicles and hotel property.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
While performing the duties of the job, the Team Member is required to reach with arms and hands; bend and stoop; ascend and descend stairs while carrying luggage and parcels; remain at post standing for extended periods of time; have visual acuity while driving; and may be required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Ability to place and remove luggage into/out of vehicles.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Team Member occupying this position.
Team Members will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Front Office
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs