At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Take orders, prepare and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and meals to guests, courteously, enthusiastically, and efficiently according to established specifications. Maintain stock/supplies and cleanliness of outlet equipment. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Maintain complete knowledge of particular characteristics and description of every wine by the glass and major wine on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, wines, beers and non-alcoholic selections available.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table numbers, room capacity, hours of operations, menus, prices and dress code of assigned outlet.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; using only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
- Complete opening side duties:
- Inspect cleanliness and condition of bar and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Prepare garnishes and mixes, log all products requisitioned from kitchen.
- Replenish supplies in bars throughout shift, including ice.
- Greet guests and take their orders utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques. Properly input orders into POS system and verify receipt by kitchen.
- Legibly document orders using established system when POS is down and verify receipt by kitchen. Assist bar servers as required.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge guest even when busy.
- Prepare espresso and cappuccino for guests.
- Maintain positive guest relations.
- Be familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Answer outlet telephone within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of bartop, tables, service areas and outlet itself.
- Remove soiled wares from bartop and tables to dishwashing area.
- Handle guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction and inform Manager when necessary.
- Present guest checks and process payments. Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Extend courteous departures when guests leave outlet.
- Close all guest checks in the POS system immediately upon payment.
- Clean bar top as guests depart.
- Clean glassware in glass machine/three compartment sink.
- Direct and assist barbacks and cocktail servers in their job functions to ensure smooth and efficient service to guests.
- Clearly communicate last call at designated closing time to guests and cocktail servers.
- Fill out allocation sheet and place in accounting mailbox at end of shift.
- Legibly document designated items on the spill sheet.
- Ensure maximum usage of all supplies to attain budgeted beverage cost and to prevent waste.
- Complete closing duties
- Legibly document pertinent information in outlet log book.
- Complete all closing reports in the POS system.
- Count bank at end of shift; complete cashier reports and drop receipts; secure bank.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program.
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 3 year experience as a bartender or bar back.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs