At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Great and bid farewell to all incoming and departing guests. Answer restaurant phones with proper verbiage and etiquette. Assign all reservations to Open Table reservation system and ensure to not overbook any one time slot or section. Assist in the overseeing of the restaurant flow in regards to all guest placements. Track and update guest profiles using Open Table Guest Note and Reservation Note systems. Assist in the maintenance of the restaurant area and equipment. Provide quality service.
1 year experience in similar position dealing with the general public.
- High school graduate or equivalent and some college.
- Restaurant service experience in a similar market.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Any previous culinary training.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program
- Certification in CPR.
- Knowledge of local activities and attractions appropriate for restaurant clientele.
- Computer training on POS system.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to promote positive relation with all individuals who approach the restaurant and by telephone.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests.
- Ability to think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration and make a concise decision in pressure situations.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Ability to focus on attention to details.
- Ability to suggestively sell selected food and beverage items.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to provide clear, pleasant telephone communication with proper grammar.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to give clear, correct and concise directions to guests over the phone.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff.
- Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs