At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Responsible for managing the operation of Housekeeping and Laundry and ensure the level of operation and quality of service is to standards of Hotel Jerome.
- Assist with oversight the operation of Housekeeping and Laundry. Ensure the highest possible degree of cleanliness, maintenance and aesthetic value is achieved.
- Co-develop and implement departmental standards, policies and procedures to ensure consistent level of cleanliness in guest rooms, public areas, restaurant, spa and pool.
- Display fair treatment and provide supportive documentation with respect to motivating, training, performance evaluations, mentoring, scheduling, recognition and disciplinary action.
- Establish effective daily communication with Guest Services to ensure guest expectations and preferences are met; coordinate arrival and departure patterns appropriately.
- Working closely with the Engineering department, implement preventive maintenance programs to ensure a positive guest room experience. Train room attendants to recognize and appropriately report any deficiencies.
- Implement pre-shift meetings to review all information pertinent to the day's activities, including daily arrivals and standards. Hold monthly staff meetings to discuss solutions to problems and any new activities that arise.
- Responsible for weekly scheduling and daily room assignments and inspections to ensure efficient use of labor.
- Effective management of purchasing process and inventory control of all guest supplies, cleaning supplies and linen.
- Implement an effective “Lost and Found” program including proper logging, storing and follow-up with guests.
- Implement safety regulations resulting in a safe working environment. Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies through monitoring usage, training and proper labeling of supplies in accordance with Hotel Jerome’s safety program.
- Implement a key control program to ensure and safe and secure work environment.
- Ensure proper image is being maintained by all associates with respect to grooming and uniform standards.
- Make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenue and reducing costs.
- Respond properly and take a supervisory role in any property emergency or safety situation.
- Participate in and support resort and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program
Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Minimum three years manager or supervisor in a luxury resort environment
- Excellent spoken and written English knowledge, Spanish strongly preferred
- Demonstrates supervisory skills; good judgment and common sense
- Extensive knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- General computer skills
- Ability to motivate assigned staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to motivate assigned staff training needs and provide such training.
- Ability to focus attention to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resort guests and pertinent resort information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and resort property.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs