At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
All technical and non-technical buildings and grounds repairs. Troubleshooting and/or repairs of all electrically ran motors and devices. Troubleshooting and/or repair of all H.V.A.C systems including, refrigeration devices, minor carpentry, plumbing, painting, and minor automotive repairs. Completion of all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner. Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Technical electrical motor troubleshooting and/or repair
- H.V.A.C. and refrigeration troubleshooting and/or repair
- Technical plumbing troubleshooting and/or repair
- Minor Carpentry
- Safely filling propane tanks
- Door lock repairs
- Gas fired equipment repair
- Troubleshooting and/or repair of electronic equipment to include all office and audio visual equipment
- Respond to all Guest Requests within fifteen-minutes of notification
- Respond to all priority work orders within ten-minutes of notification
- Respond to all emergency or life threatening situations
- Follow established safety procedures
- Move various objects for relocation and/or access
- Maintain complete knowledge of resort fire system, well water system, septic system, and irrigation system
- Minimum of three years hands on experience with electrical motors, H.V.A.C. systems, and refrigeration systems. Must be familiar with troubleshooting and/or repairs of such
- Experience with power tools use and safety
- Able to do basic arithmetic
- Ability to read and follow directions on warning labels
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions on assembly of mechanical equipment and furniture
- Ability to provide legible written communication
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, co-worker, and management to understanding
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Colorado drivers license and clean motor vehicle record
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish
- Apprenticeship as electrician or H.V.A.C. technician
- Previous hotel/resort experience
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds of material for transport
- Ability to maintain good co-ordination
- Ability to maintain equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ropes, poles, using feet and legs and/or arms. Body agility is emphasized
- Ability to crawl on hands and knees or hands and feet
- Ability to bend downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as making fine adjustments on machinery
- Ability to grasp an object with fingers and palm
- Ability to bend legs at knee and come to a rest on knees
- Ability to tilt head back in order to see objects overhead for up to five minutes at a time
- Ability to lift heavy objects from a lower to a higher position
- Ability to extend arms and hands in any direction
- Ability to pull, draw or drag objects in a sustained motion
- Ability to push with upper extremities against something in order to thrust forward, downward or outward
- Ability to walk long distances, particularly uphill
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Engineering & Facilities
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs