At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
The selling, organization and planning of social and group functions on and off property in an efficient and professional manner. All the information provided to the client and hotel operational departments must be written, timely and accurate. Works closely with the F&B team and Chef in development of group menus and themed events.
- Achieve social and group food and beverage revenue goals with DOCCS.
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere and being an integral part of a cohesive Catering team.
- Delegates authority appropriately and follows up on all projects and issues to insure timely completion.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership qualities in both the daily operation of the Department as well as in long-term visioning.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all Team Members and guests.
- Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to atmosphere, service and quality of food and beverage products by adhering to the performance standards.
- Solicits new and builds on existing group conference/catered contracted business to exceed revenue goals. Generates business through telephone and written communication.
- Prepares professional correspondence for customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance. Prepares and adheres to event department budget.
- Participates, and often leads, pre-convention meetings and post convention meetings.
- Responsible for developing revenue enhancement programs to increase the sales of conferences and catered events with DOCCS
- Remains on the cutting edge of industry trends and is capable of selling/delivering exceptional and memorable themed events, weddings and meetings.
- Meets with Meeting Planners and Conference Planning Managers as needed for site inspections, coordinate special menu planning and themed events.
- Prepares and distributes all BEO's in a timely manner according to departmental SOP's
- Attend staff, rooms, food and beverage and BEO meetings. Communicates relevant information to the operational areas in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists in overseeing the compliance of state liquor laws and all health regulations.
- Develops strong working relationships with other department Managers and directors to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Complies with all Hotel policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Ensures the Catering Department leads the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initiatives with Planet Auberge
- Ensure financial responsibility and credit approval for social catering events.
- Manage group billing. Be sure billing is timely to Accounting.
- Solicit and listen to customer and Team Member feedback and advise DOCCS/DOSM/General Manager on suggested changes.
- Ensure the implementation of proper food and beverage pricing and fees. Adhere to food pricing, unless discussed and approved by Executive Chef. Adhere to beverage pricing, unless discussed and approved by Food and Beverage Director.
- Ensure that all decisions are made with due consideration for financial impact.
- Take necessary actions to protect the integrity and well being of the hotel and the Hotel Jerome Team Members.
- Be an objective, strong, respectful leader.
- Responsible for all other assignments as defined by the DOCCS & DOSM.
- At least 3 years of Catering Sales experience preferred.
- Experience in upscale hotel / resort preferred.
- Managerial Experience Preferred
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to independently solve problems with several variables.
- Computer Literate; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Opera a strong plus
- Ability to telemarket/email market
- Strong personal and presentation skill
1. Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
2. Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
3. Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
4. Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
5. Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
6. Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Sales & Marketing Positions
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs