At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Supervise, train and inspect the performance of room attendants, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the resort’s standards. Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Verify room status on AM report, report discrepancies; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms.
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent associates.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Assign designated guest room keys to assigned staff. Maintain accurate record of such to ensure security of keys.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise the department’s standards and delegate these tasks.
- Check room attendant’s baskets for proper supplies, neatness and cleanliness,
- Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned room attendants. Ensure rooms are cleaned to the resort specifications. Follow up on corrections; directly contact room attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Check DND rooms in accordance with resort procedures and verify status.
- “Mark” dirty sheets of randomly selected assigned rooms and follow up to ensure room attendants have changed bed sheets. Counsel room attendants on any discrepancies.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, fitness center, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by public area attendant, using designated checklists. Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets designated standards. Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Maintenance Department. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Accommodate guest requests for Housekeeping items or additional supplies expediently and courteously. Follow up on delivery and return of all such items.
- Conduct training of staff as assigned.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by following procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Provide feedback on staff performances to Manager. Report disciplinary problems to Manager and participate in the counseling of associates.
- Respond to all radio calls promptly.
- Document pertinent information in department log book.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with PM Supervisor.
Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Experience as Room Attendant.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, other management and coworkers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Combination of education and experience
- Ability to enforce resort’s standards, policies and procedures with assigned staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work.
- Ability to motivate assigned staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
- Ability to focus attention to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resort guests and pertinent resort information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and property.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time or sit if working the PBX station.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs