At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Take beverage and food orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and ordered food to guests’ location according to resort specifications, courteously and efficiently. Assist in the maintenance of the function areas and equipment at all time and according to function. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Maintaining knowledge of use and care of all equipment and utensils.
- Maintaining knowledge of current BEO: Event name and occasion, VIP guest name, timelines and location, menu and beverage, entertainment and special requests.
- Maintain knowledge of all liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes for each event.
- Maintain profound knowledge of all menu items; preparation method, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation. Knowledge of dietary restrictions of served dishes.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, and intoxicated persons.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Make all varieties of coffee.
- Understand and anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service area.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
- Clean and reset venue after guest departs according to event calendar; Complete breakdown duties as assigned.
- Ability to anticipate and understand guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Some off property venues.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arm's’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs