At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Plan, prepare, set up and provide high quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in designated outlets on and off property. Direct, train and supervise performance of all Cooks and Stewards. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of all food related work areas and equipment.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and resort requirements strictly enforce policy with all members of the culinary team - KEEP YOUR KITCHEN CLEAN!
- Manage culinary area and staff assigned; Banquet, Breakfast/lunch, Dinner, Prep & Stewarding. Communicate problems and concerns promptly with the Chef de Cuisine.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, safely and properly.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and direct compliance with all departmental/resort policies and procedures.
- Meet with Chef de Cuisine to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to job performance and direction of culinary associates.
- Work with Chef de Cuisine on menu changes and enhancements.
- Attend and contribute to monthly culinary meetings
- Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes; post all function orders for each respective 7 day week.
- Ensure that scheduled staff has reported to work; document, and, if necessary discipline, any late or absent associates.
- Coordinate breaks for scheduled staff, as necessary.
- Prepare/assign production and prep work for all Cooks and inspect for completion.
- Prioritize all tasks and ensure they are completed in a correct and timely fashion.
- Communicate additions and changes to daily kitchen assignments before or as they arise during each shift.
- Ensure that all shift(s) complete all mise en place necessary to conduct their respective service.
- Ensure that staff completes functions in a timely fashion for the required service.
- Ensure completion of opening duties: and all workstations. Rectify any deficiencies.
- Check P.O.S. terminals and ensure that ALL printers have paper and are in working order.
- Inform Chef de Cuisine and/or Front of the House Manager and service staff of any shortages or 86’d items affecting the restaurant menu(s). Keep Front of House abreast of quantities of any specials or items that may run out BEFORE they run out.
- Conduct daily line up with all front and back of house Team Members. Communicate all necessary information necessary for the day’s service
- Assist Cooks whenever necessary to ensure the highest quality items are reaching our guests. Assistance should be given BEFORE a situation becomes critical.
- Organize and maintain production via prep lists and/or production lists as formulated by the Chef de Cuisine.
- Maintain proper storage of all products as specified by Health Department, Exec. Chef and Hotel Jerome requirements.
- Direct and assist stewards in order to make clean-up efficient.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls in product utilization in order to attain forecasted food cost.
- Supervise breakdown work station and completion closing duties according to department standards:
- Assist with any food ordering and inventories
- Conduct associate reviews with the assistance of the Chef de Cuisine and/or Human Resources, make pay change suggestions.
- Participate in and support resort and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program.
- 2 year minimum experience as a Junior Sous Chef in a Fine Dining environment.
- Ability to competently work all stations in kitchen.
- Food handling certificate.
- Able to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate in English with co-workers, guests and management to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Versatility, discipline, organization, strong work ethic and sense of teamwork.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs