At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
This position’s overall responsibility is overseeing bell/transportation/valet operations. Bell captains will supervise all bell person, door person, and skier shuttle drivers on a daily basis to ensure they are meeting Auberge Service Standards. Bell captains will ensure guests receive a positive first and last impression when they arrive and depart the resort. They will also ensure all guests are assisted with their luggage and escorted them to their room. Bell captains will need to perform administrative tasks including scheduling, payroll, and tracking additional associate commission.
- Maintain knowledge of: scheduled daily activities; Daily arrivals/departures, house count, special events, VIPs, features and services of the hotel; Hours of operation of each outlet;Parking facilities, layout, and procedures
- Ensure guests are greeted and assisted curbside within 60 seconds of arriving, assists guests with luggage automatically and escorted or directed to reception area
- Opens doors and assist guests and visitors into and out of their vehicles.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Provide luggage tags for stored luggage.
- Document location of vehicles parked in parking facility.
- Park guest vehicles.
- Ensure security of vehicles and their keys.
- Remain at assigned post while not parking vehicles.
- Ensure all driveways are kept clear and vehicles are not parked or left standing in illegal spaces.
- Hold vehicles at hotel entrance in accordance to departmental policy and procedures.
- Answer departmental telephone within three rings, using proper greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Document phone requests for retrieving vehicles as specified,
- Retrieve vehicle keys from secured location and retrieve guest's vehicle from parking facility, following departmental procedures.
- Release vehicle to guest upon proper authorization of claim tickets. Open vehicle doors, assist guest into the vehicle
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquiries regarding destinations within the local area.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of local attractions and activities to recommend for guest inquiries.
- Handle guest complaints ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor all parking areas/levels; report any vehicle/safety hazards; unauthorized personnel or security problems to Manager.
- Direct traffic or vehicles at hotel entrance.
- Complete errands/ deliveries for guests and/or Managers when reasonable.
- Confirm all staff members have arrived and document/find substitutes for any late or absent Team Members.
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with staff (arrivals/departures/events/special requests, etc.)
- Schedule and assign staff breaks.
- Prepare weekly staff schedule.
- Conduct monthly department meetings.
- Assist in the developing of additional Standards and procedures as deemed necessary
- Direct the training of any new bellstaff/shuttle drivers according to Jerome training plan
- Log daily drives in Drive Log system to determine end of month statistics
- Track additional department revenue including “valet, porterage, skier shuttle, and delivery fees” to ensure commission pay out
- Assist in the daily maintenance of all hotel vehicles inside and out
- Three years experience as a bell person
- Excellent driving record
- Prior customer service experience
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Two years experience driving vehicles.
- Ability to drive all vehicle types.
- Combination of education and experience
- Ability to maintain hotel’s standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in English with guests/Team Members to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible written communication and directions.
- Ability to adhere to responsible, safe and conscientious driving rules.
- Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide responses.
- Ability to use radio/pager and respond in a timely manner.
- Ability to focus on guests' needs.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and make good judgments.
- Ability to maintain concentration and think clearly under all driving conditions.
- Ability to ensure security of vehicles and hotel property.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Most tasks are performed outdoors in variable weather conditions. Temperature can be extreme but is usually moderate. Noise level is usually moderate. Frequently works near moving/mechanical parts.
While performing the duties of the job, the Team Member is required to reach with arms and hands; bend and stoop; ascend and descend stairs while carrying luggage and parcels; remain at post standing for extended periods of time; have visual acuity while driving; and may be required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Ability to place and remove luggage into/out of vehicles.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With 19 distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, New England, Colorado, Fiji, Greece, Mexico, Anguilla, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Front Office
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs