The Center Administrator's (CA) key responsibility is the smooth and efficient running of all the administrative aspects of the center. The CA must ensure that communication channels are open between Head Office (HO) and all managers within their center. The CA works with the Center Director (CD) to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the academic and activities program. The CA is responsible for maintaining an excellent working relationship with the host University/College administrative staff.
This is a non-residential and temporary position with standard working hours. We have positions available near Boston, New York, Los Angeles and New Haven, CT.
- Overall responsibility of the day-to-day management of all aspects of the center.
- Ensure student safety and welfare are maintained and school rules are followed. Ensure that Ardmore Language School Health & Safety policies are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Check and regulate the First Aid boxes on a weekly basis.
- Organize and set up the Ardmore office in the host center and set up voice mail with a clear message. Responsible for the smart and efficient presentation of the Ardmore office in the host center.
- Collect and keep accurate daily headcounts for submission to HO to include class registers, fire drill records, fire lists, absenteeism records and final number certificates.
- Update and maintain the Accident Report Book and Complaints Book. Keep records of damages, equipment and resources and monitor throughout the program.
- Collect weekly staff timesheets (where applicable) for submission to HO.
- Assist the Welfare Manager (WM) in coordinating cleaning staff for the arrival and departure of students, bed linen changes and laundry.
- Assist the WM by liaising daily with HO regarding student transfers. Coordinate with the local taxi and coach companies.
- Assist the CD in providing catering figures to the host center catering office as and when required.
- Manage emails/telephone calls/faxes from Agents and HO and ensure that Center administration and documentation is carried out efficiently and all deadlines met.
- Plan and book any extra excursions as needed.
- Represent Ardmore Language Schools positively and with confidence in all conversations with students, Foreign Group Leaders, staff and the host Center staff.
- Responsible for petty cash and record keeping. Ensure petty cash records are emailed to HO at the end of each week.
- Assist all members of the Center management team with general administrative duties.
All staff should show respect for the opinions and feelings of students, foreign group leaders and colleagues no matter what their religion, race, age background, gender or sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Excellent organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Strong computer and internet skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Flexibility and ability to react quickly and positively to change
- Eligible to live and work in the US
RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Administrative experience
- Proven problem solving ability
- Previous summer school experience
**On completing an application form, you will be required to declare any criminal convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, and any subsequent information that will affect your suitability for the role. Successful applicants will be subject to a background check.
Successful applicants will be required to attend training prior to the beginning of the program.
This job description summarizes the purpose of the job and lists its key tasks; it is not a definitive list of all the tasks to be undertaken as those can be varied from time to time at the discretion of the Head Office. Ardmore will exercise this right reasonably.
This is a summer position