The Excursions Manager's (EM) main responsibility is the implementation, smooth running, administration and successful delivery of all aspects of the excursion program. The program consists of half day and full day excursions to cultural and historical sites as well as theme parks and adventure based excursions.
The EM is required to live at the center, have knowledge of the city/cities that one is working in and expected to fulfill a demanding workload. We have positions available in six different locations across the United States (near Boston, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco and New Haven, CT).
- Plan and deliver a high quality excursion program.
- Create a highly motivated team of activity staff and promote fun and enthusiasm between staff, foreign group leaders and students.
- Manage, train and regularly observe all excursion staff.
- Effectively plan and manage all day-to-day excursion staff schedules. Ensure all activity staff are prepared and present at their activity sessions and that the excursions program, activities program and academic program are integrated successfully.
- Ensure all excursions are advertised and promoted by using notice boards and posters that are continuously updated and presentable.
- Ensure that all students take part in all activities, with particular attention given to individual students.
- Lead daily team meetings with all activity staff to get feedback on excursions and any concerns about students with particular attention given to individual students.
- Attend center management and foreign group leader meetings as necessary.
- Liaise with the US Head Office (HO) on the stock of excursion materials, center borrowed items and the return of all unused stock.
- Assist and support the center management team in residential supervision duties, including meal supervision, bedtime supervision and additional welfare duties on a rota basis.
- Assist the Center Director (CD) with set up, closing and the day-to-day running of the center.
- Make certain that Ardmore Language School's Health & Safety policies are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Ensure appropriate student behavior, safety and welfare when on duty.
All staff should show respect for the opinions and feelings of students, foreign group leaders and colleagues no matter what their religion, race, age background, gender or sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a summer camp, residential school or similar environment
- Experience organizing an excursion program and/or events program
- Enthusiasm and ability to motivate a team of activity staff and students
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Proven leadership skills
- Team player
- Eligible to live and work in the US
RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Previous management experience in a summer school and/or camp environment
- First Aid qualification
- Lifeguard / Coaching qualification
**On completing an application form, you will be required to declare any criminal convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, and any subsequent information that will affect your suitability for the role. Successful applicants may be subject to a background check.
Successful applicants will be required to attend training prior to the beginning of the program.
This job description summarizes the purpose of the job and lists its key tasks; it is not a definitive list of all the tasks to be undertaken as those can be varied from time to time at the discretion of the Center Director. Ardmore will exercise this right reasonably.
This is a management position
This is a residential position