VP of MANUFACTURING AND PLANT OPERATIONS
Exxel Outdoors LLC has an amazing opportunity for an experienced Vice President of Manufacturing who will provide overall strategic direction and guidance for the operational activities of our manufacturing facility in Haleyville, AL. Exxel Outdoors is largest US manufacturer of sleeping bags and the Haleyville plant produces approximately 1.5 million sleeping bags per year, in addition to key items that support our military troops such as tents, and mummy bags.
The Vice President of Manufacturing will oversee management of all areas of manufacturing to produce and distribute products on time and within quality standards and cost objectives. In addition to a strong operational leadership focus, the role is accountable for budgeting, P&L, and strategic planning through the use of metrics and reporting. This key leadership role develops the road map to operational excellence by progressively managing safety, quality, delivery, and cost. This hands-on, yet strategic leader, plays an active part to ensure the site and its team is fully developed to be well-positioned for future growth. Prior experience in engineering a facility for changing production needs is key, as well as knowledge of work flows and demand planning.
Exxel Outdoors is a leading, global provider of innovative outdoor recreation products. We manufacture and distribute a broad range of authentic outdoor brands. What sets us apart: We make outdoor enjoyment accessible to everyone, from the expert mountaineer to the backyard camper to the urban explorer. Our brands include Kelty, Sierra Designs, Ultimate Direction, Hex, Slumberjack, Wenzel, Insta-Bed and X2O. Our licensed collections include Realtree, Serta, Disney Consumer Products, Marvel Entertainment and Universal Pictures. We also own and operate the largest sleeping bag manufacturing facility in the U.S.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides operational leadership by directing and coordinating activities consistent with company goals, objectives and policies.
- Leads, builds and develops a high performance, cross functional team.
- Develops plans and budgets for capital, labor, material efficiency and manufacturing efficiency.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Defines and recommends objectives in each area of manufacturing and distribution to ensure continual process improvement to meet required customer service levels and quality standards.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap.
- Meets daily with the production, QC and maintenance managers to discuss production quantities, machine downtime, irregular production and quality issues.
- Determine and order material requirements for production of all products. Ensure inventory levels of materials and production demands.
- Analyzes and ensures budget responsibilities and payroll.
- Can re-engineer for efficiencies and safety.
- Works to mentor, develop and grow team members.
- Facilitate research and development in manufacturing of new products
- Assist Product Development in costing and manufacturing objectives for new products.
- Military Contract Execution desired
- Responsible for facility safety requirements and training to ensure a safe work environment in accordance with OSHA standards.
- A minimum of three to five years as a full-site leader in a manufacturing company that employs approximately 100 people, with broad functional oversight to include production/plant management, supply chain management, process engineering, and a paint/finishing operation.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in various functional areas of manufacturing, with additional experience outside of manufacturing a plus.
- Industry experience must include build-to-order products, preferably durable soft goods.
- Experience with successfully implementing a lean manufacturing system on the production floor.
- Collaborative, yet decisive leadership style, with a passion for both people and the business.
- Experience working in nonunion environments.
- Strong financial and Budget experience.
- Proven ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Strong interpersonal and high-performance team building skills, with ability to develop collaborative relationships and influence up, down, and across organizational lines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Exxel Outdoors, LLC, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
Company offers a full benefit plan, competitive salary and an opportunity to have a major impact within an exciting and growing business!
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Exxel Outdoors