Our Company & Our Property
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Role SummaryCurrently we seek a Groundskeeper to maintain, repair and beautify the grounds and public areas of the resort.
Core ResponsibilitiesMaintaining all areas within Calistoga Ranch property, resort lodges, restaurant and meeting rooms, spa, pool area, all public areas, all outdoor areas including hillsides, ravines and Lommel Road in all weather conditions. Frequently working near moving/mechanical parts. Noise level is usually moderate.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform job skills with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to read, write and follow directions on labels.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
- Ability to think clearly, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules to ensure no guest or employee inconvenience.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and remain calm.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds of material for transport
- Ability to maintain good coordination.
- Ability to maintain equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ropes, poles, using feet and legs and/or arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Ability to crawl on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Previous entry level experience in landscape maintenance
- Some basic knowledge of irrigation systems, plants and their needs, herbicides, insecticides.
- Valid California driver’s license and clean record
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Department: Engineering & Facilities
This is a hourly positions position