Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Auberge du Soleil is the flagship location of the Auberge Resorts collection. Service is attentive yet unobtrusive, genuine yet poised. Our employees are committed to ensuring that each guest’s stay is perfect. Auberge du Soleil is a member of Relais & Châteaux, an international association of 500+ elite independent hotels and restaurants in 60 countries. Founded in France and headquartered in Paris, the association serves as an ambassador for the French "joie de vivre" and the highest culinary standards. As an employee of Auberge du Soleil, you will enjoy not only the stunning beauty of our gorgeous Napa Valley hillside, but also competitive pay, benefits, and a challenging, fun working environment.
Join our team as General Manager for our Michelin-starred restaurant at Auberge du Soleil and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge du Soleil family, you will be responsible for, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by overseeing all operations connected to the Restaurant. Ensuring the quality of product and level of service, resulting in superb guest experience.
$100 - $110,000 + bonus
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Manage and oversee the restaurant operation.
- Consistently maintain Forbes service standards.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure clear and concise communication on all reports, functions, and guest notes for the day.
- Maintain the highest levels of guest service and develop a rapport with both the hotel guests and the local clientele, meeting, and greeting guests at the Restaurant, and handling guest complaints effectively and pleasantly.
- Lead the training and education of the service staff in products and service.
- Assist restaurant leaders in reaching and exceeding the goals for sales in the restaurant.
- Evaluate staff performance and create plans for improvement.
- Control costs and minimize waste
- Ensure quality Food & Beverage service is delivered first while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead costs.
- Conduct pre-meal informational briefings with staff so that all are knowledgeable about dishes, cooking methods, changes, menu items, specials, etc.
- Behave as a role model, communicate effectively with team members, and act as a motivating influence. Supervise the alcoholic/non-alcoholic service in accordance with federal, state, local, and company regulations.
- Handle any guest incidents ensuring 100% guest satisfaction. Record and distribute all GIR reports following up on any incidents.
- Assist in the completion of Payroll - service charge distribution and DayForce audits
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts.
- Three or more years of operating experience in a high-end Restaurant
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, including, reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge du Soleil is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge du Soleil provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge du Soleil complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a management position
This is a management positions position