The Group Sales Manager is responsible for identifying and sourcing group business in a specific geographic area in accordance with the collection’s strategic plan to maximize room revenue during peak and nonpeak periods. Group Sales Manager is responsible for the overall management, productivity, and achievement of sales goals for the assigned region. Group Sales Manager reports directly to the property Director of Sales and Director of Sales & Marketing and works closely with the hotel's Director of Revenue and executive committee to ensure that sales and booking strategy are in line with properties business needs.
- Oversee account and booking goal in the assigned region.
- Support the collection revenue goals by generating group business at each hotel within sales portfolio.
- Organize and schedule direct sales efforts via phone, email and in person... Average of 100 proactive sales activities per month.
- Evaluate and initiate opportunities for developing new sources of business.
- Plan and execute a 12-month strategic business plan.
- Support and participate in daily business reviews, weekly GRC calls and monthly conference calls with Director of Sales & Marketing and property specific calls as needed.
- Accurately maintain and build database of clients. Responsible for overall accuracy of regional database.
- Abide by policies and procedure of Auberge Resorts.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards of sales service.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor and to conduct personal behavior in a mature and professional business manner while representing the company.
- Travel and work flexible days and hours.
- Keep department heads informed of problems so as to ensure prompt correction and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Be available to work on property as required
- Establish appropriate remote workstation, answer phone and respond to emails in a timely fashion. Phone calls are to be returned same day and RFP’s have a 24 hour response time.
- Log all daily activities into Delphi
- Adhere to Delphi policies and procedures
- Provide positive, proactive engagement with the property hotel General Managers and Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Provide feedback and goals and objectives in preparation of annual sales plans and budgets.
- Ensure effective group pricing strategies are properly communicated to group clients.
- Assist Director of Sales and Marketing as needed on corporate initiatives.
- Establishes initiatives and executes direct sales objectives to promote Auberge Resorts brand.
- Develops regional planning and strategies to increase brand exposure.
- Evaluates promotional events, trade shows, community, and industry events to make sure attendance produces the proper return on investment.
- Maintain customer, trade, industry and staff relations.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in a related position in luxury hotel sales environment.
- Demonstrated record of driving sales revenues in a luxury hotel environment.
- Prior experience selling multiple properties or brand.
- Prior experience in international hotels/resorts, including Mexico.
- Prior experience working in a remote sales office setting.
- Prior experience working with professional organizations that support group business (SITE, MPI, FICP, Cvent, IMEX) etc.
- Ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence group business decision makers and influencers.
- Ability to research and identify top prospects for growth of an existing account and develop new accounts.
- Ability to be self-motivated and to achieve goals with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of information.
- Knowledge of sales procedures associated with the hotel industry.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication.
- Strong computer skills (Gmail, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, Powerpoint, Linkedin, Salesforce).
- Excellent spoken and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team from a remote sales office.
- Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to owners, guests, executives, managers, and employees.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on one, small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to sell ideas persuasively and energetically.
- Ability to coach and mentor on property sales assistants.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial data.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization.
- Ability to embody the company’s mission, vision & culture.
- Ability to use systems and equipment including personal computer, fax machine, copier, calculator, MS office, property management system, and other software/machinery as required.
- Ability to plan and execute sales trips on budget and in compliance with corporate travel policy.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy, prioritize, and organize.
- Ability to remain calm when resolving problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work cohesively with co workers from a remote office.
- Delphi database system.
- Sales Force software for account management.
- Travel domestically to promote collection at trade shows or regional sales missions.
- Travel to resorts as requested for sites, meetings, and planner related fams.
- Travel for internal sales and marketing meetings.
- Travel to assist with limited on site coverage as needed.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally. Higher weight threshold may apply when traveling with luggage.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arm's’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential to job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Auberge Resorts