The Corporate Controller reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is responsible for the execution of accounting responsibilities for the company in accordance with the policies and practices of Auberge Resorts Collection, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and cost reimbursement principles. Responsibilities will include functions such as financial reporting, tax, audit, entity structuring, treasury, budgeting/forecasting, month-end closing, balance sheet reconciliations, accounts payable,
accounts receivable, payroll, and compliance. Open to working remote.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, excellent understanding of GAAP, minimum of 3 years as a corporate controller, extreme proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software, and demonstrated success during period of significant company growth. Desirable: CPA license (active or inactive), prior hospitality experience, Master’s degree or equivalent, experience with Great Plains and /or Adaptive Insights.
- Manage the collection, summarization, interpretation, and presentation of financial results to respective stakeholders, including Board of Directors, investors, owners, lenders, and executives.
- Oversee the home office accounting activities to ensure optimal efficiency and performance of department, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and treasury functions.
- Coordinate month-end closing, including the preparation of journal entries, general ledger review and reconciliation, and analytical review of financial statements.
- Responsible for the accounting policies of the organization, including the interpretation and implementation of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop, enhance, implement, and enforce financial policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the business.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual corporate budget and monthly forecasts.
- Manage the relationships with external accountants, including as it pertains to the annual audit, tax compliance and planning, and other engagements.
- Coordinate external audit processes. Assist in preparation of year-end audit work papers as directed.
- Responsible for tax compliance for the Company and each of its affiliates.
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax laws, including preparation and review of tax and governmental reports and ensure any payment of monies required on a timely basis.
- Establish, assess, and monitor fee collection from existing properties, development projects, and technical service agreements, as well as the billing and collection of reimbursable expenses.
- Manage cash flow; anticipate and prepare for future liquidity needs, including preparation of cash flow reports and forecasts.
- Assist in placement and review of insurance and other risk management opportunities.
- Establish new entities (both international and domestic) including equity arrangement, tax structure, banking relationships, and all other structure relative to finance.
- Ensure proper and timely payment of fees for licenses, permits, regulatory contracts, and insurance policies.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
We recognize and celebrate the rich and unique culture of our people in our locations and endeavor to enrich lives. We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
WE ARE A FAMILY...
With a heart for hospitality creating joy and happiness
Respecting others and the world around us
Celebrating creativity and embracing new experiences
Valuing each person’s individuality and unique voice
Striving to be the best that each of us can be
Finding solutions and delivering exceptional results
Auberge Resorts Collection has created a timeless collection of exceptional properties, each with its own distinctive character that assures a unique and memorable experience. The Auberge Resorts Collection is comprised of award-winning properties, all of which are regularly awarded with top distinctions from the following publications: Travel+Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, Andrew Harper’s, and Forbes Travel Guide. With distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, Costa Rica and Nicaragua, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position