Position: Vice President of Finance, Operations
Location: Mill Valley CA, or working from home in the California area
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Whether traveling with parents and children on a weeklong ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to revel in time; tasting local freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas Mexico, horseback riding through private fincas with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for fulfilling shared experiences that connect them to local cultures, welcoming people and the beauty of the land, all while making memories and dreams that will be forever embedded in the soul.
Be part of our story. Join our team as Vice President of Finance Operations, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. You will be responsible for driving strong financial performance across our portfolio of hotels and resorts, while further enhancing owner relationships. We look to the person in this position to ensure operational efficiencies, implement effective financial controls, and put in place practical, non-bureaucratic policies and procedures. The Vice President of Finance Operations is a key leader within the Auberge Resorts Collection, and is expected to provide strong leadership and support to hotel Directors of Finance.
As you would expect, the main responsibilities of this position are as follows.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial information produced by the hotels, and consistent application of the Uniform System of Accounts and US GAAP.
- Mentor and direct our hotel Directors of Finance in all respects, including balance sheet analysis, hotel audits and internal control standards, P&L reviews, cash flow forecasts, technical accounting, financial systems and reporting, and operational analyses.
- Support the execution of all property-level finance and accounting responsibilities
- Closely monitor hotel reporting to detect trends early, and advise CFO and COO on implications and recommended actions.
- Formulate strategies to increase profitability and achieve business objectives, leading the implementation of business plans, operating budgets, and capital expenditures.
- Hire and retain a diverse, high-caliber team of financial professionals who can effectively partner with key business leaders
- Position the finance and accounting function to scale the Company to meet our anticipated growth need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- Prior experience as a Corporate or Regional Director of Finance, with responsibility for at least 5 hotels Excellent understanding of Uniform System of Accounts
- Extreme proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software
- Deep experience with and knowledge of hotel financial reporting systems, policies and procedures, and management agreements
- Experience with complex operating and financial agreements; demonstrated success in evaluating risks and developing proactive strategies and plans to mitigate business issues
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present in a clear and concise manner to senior management and owners
- Experience in mixed use (residential) projects would be considered desirable.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we live and work, we all share a view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position