Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Vice President of Talent and Culture reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and is primarily responsible for the global human resources strategy, talent and recruitment and building a best in class culture through the Auberge Resorts ENRICH values. This position also oversees compensation and benefits, training and development, recruitment, compliance, diversity and inclusion, loss prevention and talent and culture field hotel operations support. This is an executive position and sits on the Auberge Leadership Committee (LC), working closely with LC colleagues to deliver our long-term mission, and overall business results.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Define and Implement the Auberge Talent & Culture Strategy
- Develop and secure sign-off of a Talent & Culture strategy which supports overall objectives. Lead the implementation of that strategy.
- Provide input into the annual group-wide strategic planning and budget process.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior experience as a Group or Regional Vice President of Human Resources, with responsibility for at least 10 hotels.
- Hotel-level human resource experience
- Strong personal understanding of labor law, fair recruiting practices, anti-discrimination law in each country of operation, or the ability to secure this via external support
- Experience with and knowledge of hotel human resources management systems
- Experience with complex labor relations and experience negotiating and resolving related issues
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills; ability to take complex information and present in a clear and concise manner to senior management and investors
- Strong leader of people – influential, demonstrates flexibility in approach and motivates others to achieve desired results
- Results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure
- Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities, and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders
- A strong driver of culture, personal well-being and sets high standards for themselves and is an example to others
- Direct experience in one or more of the markets where Auberge operates or plans to operate in the future.
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Experience managing corporate compensation and benefits
- Experience integrating hotel conversions, new openings, and new businesses
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.