Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Northeast region of the Auberge Resorts Collection currently comprises three exquisite properties that epitomize the charm and sophistication of New England hospitality. The Mayflower Inn and Spa (where this role is based), an exquisite country retreat in the idyllic town of Washington, Connecticut. The Vanderbilt, a vintage mansion in the heart of Newport, Rhode Island, just minutes from the charming waterfront. And the White Barn Inn, an inviting hideaway in the beautiful coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine, with its renowned-award winning restaurant. More properties are anticipated in the future as we grow and restructure to meet future needs.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as General Manager and Regional Vice President for the Northeast region of Auberge Resorts. Leading a team of talented and committed colleagues, this person in this role is responsible for delivering the achievement of the financial, strategic, and operational goals of the hotels within the region.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Strategic. Oversee the development of the strategy and business plan for each property in the region to deliver on our Mission of being the best-loved operator of one of a kind luxury hospitality and experiences.
- Owner Relations. Support the property GMs in effectively managing the owner relationships on behalf of Auberge, to ensure the Owners maintain confidence in our stewardship of their assets.
- Financial. Ensure that the financial targets of each property are delivered, and that each hotel is successfully positioned to maximize Sales opportunities. Ensure that accurate forecasting and Revenue Management activities are taking place at all properties.
- Leadership. Be the point of line management for the General Manager of each property in the region, responsible for the make-up of the executive teams of those properties.
- Operational Quality. Oversee the consistent and successful implementation of the various group programs that are in place to ensure that our brand continues to be distinct and attractive, that our guests report the highest levels of satisfaction, and that our team are motivated and engaged.
- Diversity. Lead our diversity and inclusion efforts in the region, ensuring that Auberge is on the forefront of equality, acceptance and well-being of all employees.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree or evidence of equivalent satisfactory experience
- Proven expertise successfully driving the performance of multiple hotels (multiple brand experience preferred).
- An in-depth knowledge of hotel systems, procedures and best practices in all areas of hotel management.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a management positions position