Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Mayflower Inn and Spa is an exquisite country retreat in the idyllic town of Washington, Connecticut. Less than two hours from Manhattan, nestled in lush grounds, this property boasts a highly acclaimed spa. The gardens feature 24 hectares of woodland, manicured lawns, and the famous Shakespeare Garden and maze. The guest rooms reflect the tranquil elegance evident throughout the property, while culinary offerings include the fine dining restaurant and a popular Tap Room bar and bistro.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as General Manager. Leading a team of talented and committed colleagues, this person in this role is responsible for delivering the financial, strategic, and operational goals of the hotel.
- Strategic. Oversee the development of the strategy and business plan for the property to deliver on our Mission of being the best-loved operator of one of a kind luxury hospitality and experiences.
- Owner Relations. Manage owner relationships on behalf of Auberge, to ensure the Owners maintain confidence in our stewardship of their assets.
- Financial. Ensure that the financial targets of the property are delivered. Ensure that accurate forecasting and Revenue Management activities are taking place.
- Leadership. Be the point of line management for the full team.
- Operational Quality. Oversee the implementation of various group programs to ensure that our brand continues to be distinct and attractive, that our guests report the highest levels of satisfaction, and that our team is motivated and engaged.
- Property Improvement. Lead implementation of the property improvement plan being developed with the hotel owners.
- Diversity. Lead our diversity and inclusion efforts, ensuring that Auberge is at the forefront of equality, acceptance, and well-being of all employees.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree or evidence of equivalent satisfactory experience
- Proven expertise successfully driving the performance of luxury boutique hotels.
- An in-depth knowledge of hotel systems, procedures and best practices in all areas of hotel management.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position