Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
With Auberge’s global expansion, we are looking for a strong design leader to manage both the design direction and the design process within individual projects. This is a role that effectively manages owner relations, outsourced designers, other creative disciplines as well as internal stakeholders in marketing, operations, and construction. It focuses equally on vision and execution, and the role requires visionary thinking as well as a deep appreciation for the details of implementing a design. As a part of a fast-growing company, an entrepreneurial attitude is a good basis for success.
The Director of Design should be a highly experienced interior designer responsible for managing multiple projects ranging from small to large sized projects for an experienced-based boutique hotel. Design in a brand where every hotel is a unique luxurious expression of its place. General tasks range from concept/vision to detailed reviews of layout/planning, FFE selection, OSE direction and architectural plans in coordination with an architect. As a design director, the role touches all aspects of the hotel - public spaces, rooms, food and beverage, landscaping, the heart of the house as well as accessory items like operating supplies, uniforms and signage. This role is responsible for the highest level of Interior Design outcomes, guiding projects to completion with accuracy and creativity while monitoring project performance and managing stakeholders in the various assigned projects at Auberge. This role is aligned closely with the Design and Construction team and the overall design of the hotel is a shared responsibility with this group - one group more focused on function while this role is more focused on brand, style, and experience. Working seamlessly together will be critical in this role.
- Academic/Professional Minimum 6+ years within Interior Design, preferred LEED AP.
- Preferred Technical REVIT, AutoCAD 2015 Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project) Adobe/Bluebeam Team Lead managing project deliverables, staff and consultants.
- Strong communicator, collaborative, detail oriented and organized.
- Interpret program requirements, develop block plans, adjacency diagrams and detailed designs.
- Coordinate all trades throughout the design and construction process in association with Auberge Design and Construction team.
- Complete business and project forms, understanding contracts for services.
- Survey building interiors.
- Research; resourceful being in able to obtain project information; fabrics, furniture, architectural elements.
- Review plans, specifications, and bid packages.
- Review detailed furniture plans specifications and bid packages.
- Understand project schedules.
- Design and construction process and sequence.
- Interior architecture and detailing for preparation of construction documents.
- Building and Accessibility codes.
- Furniture installation plans and specifications for bid purposes or direct purchase.
- Construction Administration experience: RFI’s, submittal review, field observation.
- Great knowledge of the industry, product, designers, etc.
- Accomplishes desired results by setting priorities and effectively managing through people and processes, using reliable tools, and leveraging resources and other parts of the organization. Assign clear accountability and monitor implementation to assure success and accountability for results
- Leads on-property sales and marketing functions and leverages above property sales resources to deliver results.
- Proactively develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external key stakeholder groups.
- Works with operations department heads to ensure departmental sales and marketing strategies are aligned with the overall hotel plan.
- 7+ years of Design Director related experience
- Lodging/ hospitality industry knowledge preferred, but willing to look at other industries
- Proven skills as an industry leader to lead and motivate a strong, dynamic team
- Strong design/spatial and style skills to develop and review design work
- Remain attuned and connected to the designers, manufacturers, trends, and makers that will help keep Auberge relevant as we create new projects.
- Able to communicate the What, How and Why of the organization to the team members at the property level, our customers, property owners (at regular owner reviews) and corporate office.
- Translate business needs into what needs to get done; ensure that all work is completed effectively; monitor the progress of work against schedules and budgets; maintain high-performance standard; work effectively by using a highly collaborative style.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; influence without direct management authority
- Foster relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives; demonstrate flexibility in approach and vision; step forward to address difficult issues and guide others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals.
- Create an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly both upward and downward through the organization; possesses exceptional communications skills.
- Support, initiate and manage change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace
- Bachelor’s degree in Design/Architecture or related field.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position