The Global Sales Director is responsible for identifying and sourcing group business in a specific geographic area in accordance with the collection’s strategic plan to maximize room revenue during peak and nonpeak periods. The Global Sales Director is responsible for the overall management, productivity, and achievement of sales goals for the assigned region. The Global Sales Director reports directly to the Vice President of Global Sales and works closely with each hotel’s sales department to ensure that sales and booking strategy are in line with properties business needs.
- Oversee account and booking goal in the Midwest, Southeast and Texas regions.
- Support the collection revenue goals by generating group business referrals.
- Organize and schedule sales calls, at times with a collection of hotels. Manage all aspects of planning including detailed follow through. Average of 4-5 appointments per day is expected for each full sales trip day.
- Organize, schedule and host events and FAMs on behalf of Auberge Resorts Collection properties. Manage all aspects of events including detailed follow-up.
- Supplement Leisure Sales Manager efforts by supplying additional coverage to key leisure accounts upon request of primary account manager.
- Evaluate and initiate opportunities for developing new sources of business.
- Plan and execute a 12-month sales and marketing plan. (Travel and Tradeshow Calendar)
- Support and participate in weekly and monthly conference calls with Global Sales Team, Directors of Sales and Marketing and property specific calls as needed.
- Accurately maintain and build a database of clients. Responsible for an overall accuracy of regional database.
- Abide by policies and procedures of Auberge Resorts Collection.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards of sales service.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor and to conduct personal behavior in a mature and professional business manner while representing the company.
- Travel and work flexible days and hours.
- Keep supervisors and department heads informed of problems so as to ensure prompt correction and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Set up remote workstation, answer the phone and respond to emails in a timely fashion. Phone calls are to be returned the same day and RFP’s have a 24 hour response time.
- Establish monthly reports on sales activity for VP of Sales, Chief Marketing Officer, GMs, Auberge Resorts and ownership upon request.
- Provide positive, proactive engagement with the property Director of Sales and Marketing and Group Sales Managers.
- Provide feedback and goals and objectives in preparation of annual sales plans and budgets.
- Ensure effective group pricing strategies are properly communicated to group clients.
- Assist Vice President of Global Sales as needed on corporate initiatives.
- Establishes initiatives and executes direct sales objectives to promote Auberge Resorts Collection brand.
- Develops regional planning and strategies to increase brand exposure.
- Evaluates promotional events, trade shows, community, and industry events to make sure attendance produces the proper return on investment.
- Maintain customer, trade, industry and staff relations.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience in a related position in a luxury hotel sales environment.
- Demonstrated record of driving sales revenues in hotel environment.
- Preference for a candidate to be based in tier-1 city in Midwest or Texas.
- Prior experience selling multiple properties or brand.
- Prior experience in international hotels/resorts, including Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Prior experience working in a remote sales office setting.
- Prior experience working with professional organizations that support group business (SITE, MPI, FICP, Cvent, IMEX), etc.
This is a management position
This is a home office positions position
Visit Careers at Auberge Resorts