Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for Engineering, Security, and Landscaping. To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by managing the departments and ensuring the efficient running of all hotel plant, equipment, air-conditioning, and other systems. Ensuring guest comfort and safety at all times.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide in-house mechanical and electrical servicing, repair and maintenance using well-trained, presentable personnel carrying out maintenance work in an efficient, discreet and guest-friendly manner.
- Carry out continuous inspections to ensure the highest level of guest comfort is maintained and that all services are in proper working condition.
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are prioritised and are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Develop a team of technically proficient and generally helpful technicians to carry out all maintenance and repair work to standard with technical specifications.
- Acts as a Project Manager between hotel and outside contractors or technical services on major projects.
- Minimum five years’ experience as Chief Engineer in the hospitality field.
- Proven management and administrative skills.
- Valid California driver’s license and clean record
- Must display great leadership skills, demonstrating a team-building teamwork attitude
- Must be able to multitask effectively and display excellent time management skills
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills, 2nd language a plus
- Support all resort policies, procedures, standards and culture
- Possess an excellent eye for detail and exceptional detail in follow-up
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly evaluate alternative solutions and decide on a plan of action
- Must possess strong mechanical and technical skills
- Experienced in electrical, mechanical, HVAC/R, plumbing and all aspects of troubleshooting
- Must be knowledgeable in carpentry, painting, masonry and all aspects of general repair, maintenance, and construction
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a management positions position