Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Regional Director of Finance, Northeast functions as the multi-property Financial Business Leader, overseeing three hotels in the Northeast: Mayflower Inn & Spa, White Barn Inn, and The Vanderbilt. As a member of each Executive Committee, the Regional Director of Finance champions, develops, and implements hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests, team members, and owners. This position creates and executes a business plan that is aligned with each hotel’s business strategy with a primary focus on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of financial results.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Lead and facilitate the achievement of property annual goals and targets to ensure profitability and revenue growth. Actively participate in cross-functional teams to drive overall business performance (e.g., revenue management and sales and marketing).
- Manage working capital, cash flow, capital, overall expenses, and daily accounting activities to obtain the highest value. Identify risk exposure and effectively manage financial and business risk to create and preserve value, ensuring effective systems of controls are in place.
- Ensure strong relationships with hotel owners, lenders, insurance brokers, and other constituents.
Financial Leadership and Execution
- Function as a strategic business partner to the General Manager and the Executive Committee.
- Effectively lead the execution of finance and accounting responsibilities for the property, including the preparation of the annual business plan and operating budget, forecasting, internal controls, financial analysis, cash management, balance sheet reconciliation, financial reporting, P&L accuracy, capital expenditure budget, etc.
- Focus on maximizing the property’s revenue by supporting the development of revenue-generating strategies for different areas of the hotel and related lines of business.
- Help enhance the team’s business skills. Educate department heads on sales and profit maximization and cost control; provide ongoing analytical decision support & tools to ensure revenue goals are met and opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Use financial analysis and market information to anticipate needs, identify business/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximize financial return. Identify opportunities to create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change through calculated risk-taking.
- Put appropriate controls in place to manage the business and financial risks.
- Leverage technology and effectively use information systems and tools to create operational efficiency and generate information to support decision-making.
- Oversee internal, external, and regulatory audit processes and ensure compliance with SOPs; make sure appropriate corrections are made.
- Ensure that the P&L is accurate and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage property working capital and cash flow; identify key projects and manage associated capital expenditure funds for product improvement and increased revenue potential.
- Create the annual operating budget for the property and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost-saving and productivity opportunities for managers and department heads.
- Analyze financial data and market trends and produce accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
- Ensure tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued. Oversee the payment of real estate/property taxes, payroll and other applicable local taxes, real estate/personal property taxes and if applicable hold in funded escrow accounts.
- Analyze ROI capital projects prior to committing funds and upon completion determine if anticipated results were achieved.
- In partnership with the GM, develop a trusting and effective business partnership with the property owners by understanding the management contracts, deal structures, and owners' ROI expectations.
- Effectively manage communication with owners. Maintain regular dialogue and make presentations to owners’ representatives on budgeted, actual and forecasted financial results.
- Be accountable for compliance with contract and reporting requirements for the property.
Talent & Development
- Oversee the day to day accounting functions of a shared service team of 4 which includes AR, AP, Payroll, and General Accounting
- Hire, retain, and continually develop diverse, high-caliber talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports. Create appropriate developmental plans and develop team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations, and abilities.
- Develop processes to enhance communication and sharing of best practice and
learnings within the hotel and across markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Hospitality or equivalent experience in a hotel environment
- 10+ years of progressively more responsible experience as a Director of Finance in upscale, market-leading hotels.
- Proven expertise in financial accounting, cash flow forecasting, budgeting, team management, and development
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Hospitality Accountant Executive.
- Experience with a corporate office reporting structure
- Previous work experience in luxury properties
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position