Position: Massage Therapist
Location: Anguilla (willing to relocate with the right qualifications)
Reports to: Spa Manager
SUMMARY Provide all massages, body treatments, hair and nails services provided by the Malliouhana Spa. Be an integral team member of Malliouhana.
At Malliouhana, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our team members with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Malliouhana employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team members. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide all massages and spa treatments as outlined in The Spa at Malliouhana protocol manual.
- Follow-up with Spa Supervisor on all comments, concerns and suggestions made by staff members, resort guests.
- Explain and promote all spa and resort facilities, services and activities. Retail, Upgrades and Returned Request .
- Greet guests and escort them to treatment room. Upon completion of service escort guest to next appointment, waiting area, pool, or locker room.
- Keep work area clean and neat at all times. Follow sanitation procedures.
- Arrive 30 minutes before a scheduled shift. Return punctually from breaks and meal periods. Clock out promptly at end of scheduled shift.
- Attend The Spa at Malliouhana employee trainings and meetings.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Maintain helpful, cooperative relations with co-workers.
- Adhere to the Spa at Malliouhana employee handbook guidelines.
- Beach and Pool Service.
- Ability to drape guest, exposing only the body part being worked on.
- Ability to learn, remember, provide and adhere to all massage and spa treatment protocols as outlined in the manual.
- Maintain a well-rounded knowledge of the human physiology, being able to identify a wide range of symptoms and disorders.
- Ability to assist the guest in selecting services to best aid the guest in alleviating problems or attaining their goals while at the spa.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, think clearly and follow up.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guests and resort information.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to always remain calm, centered and focused despite surroundings or personal circumstances.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
Most tasks are performed indoors. Some services are provided outdoors.
Temperature is usually moderate. Noise level is usually moderate.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position