Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Manages subordinates, assists with overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the restaurant. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training team members, planning, assigning, and directing work. In addition to appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining team members, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides input into planning department goals and direct team members to achieve results.
- To promote and ensure guest satisfaction, achieved through his/her ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment, placing emphasis on Associate satisfaction and delivery of prompt, courteous service.
- Prompt and courteous delivery of all orders, maintaining a positive image through all each guest contact and through cleanliness of guest areas.
- Assure total guest satisfaction in the service of food and beverage through the supervision of prompt and courteous delivery of all Restaurants and Room Service orders.
- Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by circulating through each dining area. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
- During shift, ensure that guests are satisfied by assisting with serving, seating, communication with kitchen, and by striving to speak to all guests.
- Assist in maintaining a highly motivated and well trained staff.
- Open and close shift in accordance with Manager’s Checklist.
- Train, maintain and enforce all Malliouhana Service Standards
- Properly execute revenue and check control procedures on shift
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all Associates and guests
- Gather and implement all proper tools for running shifts (i.e. schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks).
- Ensures all dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and equipment, and orders as needed. anticipate in weekly/monthly inventories. Prepares and submits liquor and supply orders.
- Find solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute bookings, or any other daily problems that may arise.
- Be on the floor during entire meal period and ensure adequate coverage.
- Ensure that only a quality product is being served.
- Maintain proper Associate uniform standards.
- Manage an effective repair and maintenance program through the use of work orders, inspections, etc.
- Monitor SOP’s to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meetings with Food and Beverage management team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and service standards are met.
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Assist any Associate in his/her job performance, when required, to ensure guest satisfaction. Assist in implementing an effective training program for new and current associates.
- Encourage problem solving by Associates through proper training and empowerment, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Establish effective communication with Associates to gain their trust and respect through his/her hard work. Maintain fair and consistent counseling and/or disciplinary procedures in accordance with Malliouhana Guarantee of Fair Treatment Policy.
- Identify and recommend incentive programs, new ideas, and methods of operation.
- Reporting to work as scheduled on time is an essential function of the job.
- To perform any other duties as required.
This is a highly-visible guest service position, requiring above average communication skills, interacting professionally with guests.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in food and beverage.
- Two years experience as a Supervisor
- Food handling certificate.
- Knowledge of various food services styles
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and coworkers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with food/beverage and labor cost control
- A valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Resort Management or Business Management.
- Previous experience in food service, preferably front- and back-of-house.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program.
- Certification in CPR.
- Computer training, preferably in Excel, Microsoft Word
- Certification in management training.
- Previous guest relations training.
1. Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting Pool , Beach and Property
2. Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
3. Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
4. Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
5. Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
6. Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their manager.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
This is a management positions position