Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as Director of Hotel Marketing, Openings and Transitions, part of a team of leaders responsible for making Auberge the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Help grow the company and culture you always dreamed of working in, building on our strongly held ENRICH core values, and our brand promise of Soulful Journeys - sharing simple pleasures, telling stories and creating family.
Director of Hotel Marketing, Openings and Transitions is a new role, responsible for leading the marketing and sales efforts for our properties in pre-opening phase, as well as any existing properties that may transition into the Auberge Resorts Collection portfolio. This individual will be responsible for developing the pre-opening Sales and Marketing strategies including public relations, social media, digital, direct sales across all segments, revenue management and recruitment of key S&M professionals. This role will work in tandem with the Senior Vice President of Openings and Transitions to create the property positioning and develop appropriate opening strategies including the arrangement of relevant partnerships and experience and to manage the Sales and Marketing opening critical path.
This is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Leaders in the Auberge family always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and our teams. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Develop property positioning and strategic marketing and sales plans for all segments including transient, group, and social
- Manage relationships with Public Relations agencies to develop robust launch plans and execute against the plans
- Continually refine and execute against the Sales and Marketing opening critical paths developed for each opening or transition
- Partner with Group and Leisure Global Sales teams to ensure pre book booking goals are achieved
- Recruit Directors of Sales and Marketing for opening properties
- Determine Pre-opening budgets for all Sales and Marketing activities
- Collaborate with Senior Vice President of Openings and Transitions on building out initial experiences and bringing unique property positioning to life in the pre-opening phase
- Maintain consistent communication with SVP Ops, Regional VP’s, General Managers and Home Office leaders.
Qualifications and Experience
- 15+ years in hotel sales & management roles including experience working for luxury hotel brands
- Demonstrated success in managing hotel openings and/or transitions
- Results oriented, self-motivated and strong multi-tasker with strong problem solving and negotiation skills. Willing to “roll-up their sleeves” to get it done.
- Highly collaborative in approach, has a curious mind, is open-minded to testing and trying new approaches and is motivated by being in a dynamic, growing fast-paced environment.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
It is important to us that our leaders maintain the trust of the managers and team members at the hotel properties, and are regarded as fair, reasonable, approachable, and honest. Our leaders are passionate about both guest satisfaction and staff welfare. We use initiative and good judgment to solve problems in a calm and collaborative manner. We are committed to excellence, to meeting and exceeding all performance standards. We try to be emotionally consistent, even-tempered and calm in challenging situations. We are empathetic and culturally sensitive, respectful of individual differences. We nurture and coach our people, helping each other achieve our goals and potential. And we act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times.
This is a management positions position