Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as the Catering and Events Manager for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by overseeing the planning, execution and service of Catering & Event functions, working as a liaison to client and hotel to create unique and memorable experiences for our guests.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Create Menu and Event Proposals, Contracts, Banquet Event Orders, Catering Resumes, and Daily Events Report
- Actively prospect and solicit, develop, and maintain social catering accounts through telephone, personal sales calls, on-site entertainment, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Finalize the requirements of catering and group events while maximizing revenue potential through up-selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Prepare for and lead weekly BEO and Resume review meetings.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events and corporate events at Bishop’s Lodge. Review all function space with the event team. Ensure the satisfaction of the client at the outset of all events.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on the property and keep the Executive Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities, and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance the client’s needs with the financial, safety, and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities to increase sales.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all team members and guests.
- Implement all sales action plans related to the market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Participate in sales calls with members of the sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Present to greet all clients in advance of events, lead pre-conference introduction of the client to the team, check-in with them daily during on-site, and be present to review the final billing and conduct post-conference interviews.
- Develop strong relationships with on property front office team and food & beverage and culinary team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with the sales team from property visits.
- Develop relationships within the community to strengthen and expand the customer base for sales opportunities.
- High School Graduate
- Proven success in a similar role, prefer 4 years of Catering, Event & Wedding experience in a luxury market.
- Experience in hotels/resorts or event planning is required.
- Hours will flex based on event execution and site inspection requirements.
- Weekends are mandatory when events are on the property. Also, when social function site inspections will need to be conducted over weekend periods.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Sales and Marketing
This is a management position
This is a full time position